Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 57 - Owsley County 55
Final from Campton
Momma said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. I'm going to stick with that tonight.
Close game like I thought it would be.
Owsley had a 49-44 lead with about 5 minuted to go in the last quarter. They still led 50-47 with 1:35 left and had the basketball in their possession. But instead of holding for the best shot or making Wolfe have to foul them, they took a quick shot after Wolfe missed on their end. Owsley brought the ball downcourt and shot it in about 5 seconds. For a minute while listening I thought I might have misunderstood the radio play by play man and that Owsley was actually behind in the game. Well, the Owsley attempt was missed and Wolfe brought the ball back down court and scored, was fouled, and made the free throw to tie the game. Of course, they then went on to win by 2.
Kids get excited sometimes late in close games but sometimes they have to protect the lead. When your opponents is behind by 3 points with 90 seconds left in the game the pressure is on them, not the Owls. They WANT you to take a shot so they can possibly get the ball back. And they'd rather you take the shot than have to foul.
I'm proud of the effort these boys have given this year and I believe they can win the district. Clock management could very well come into play late in the game in Irvine. I'm looking forward to the tournament.
Good game in the wolves den even tho they put a L in the score column
Better clock management is easy to fix! They will work on that before district I guarantee!!!
They took the game from the owls
^^^ So you are saying a well officiated game!
never seen it coming
MVP water boy Wrote:They took the game from the owls

Who were the referees? If Brian Napier was one of them then Owsley wouldn't have got any judgement calls from him. He worked the Owls over pretty good in Booneville when they played Wolfe in an All A game a couple of years ago.