Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 68 - Knott Central 62
It amazes me that these knott fans talk about recruiting with the comment about the cardinals winning the game when they have been doing it for years. Cox, Davis, and a couple more were from June Buchanan and Justice was recruited from letcher co. If you take those players away knott might as well shut their basketball program down.
Ballers Wrote:Can the game be watched again anywhere? Sounds like a thriller

I can sell you a copy for 42.50 lol
Knott County fans are planning a big celebration on March 9th

That's the three year anniversary of the last time they beat Perry Central.
zaga_fan Wrote:I ain't got a farm to bet so I can't take you up on that offer.

I'm not clairvoyant so I can't tell you for sure what would happen if these teams played ten times or what happens if Justice decides he wants to take over a game early...

The only thing I can tell you is that he waited too late to go off on Saturday and that they lost.

Exactly! I'm not saying anything about the loss and dont care, just giving my opinion on Justice.
hitter Wrote:It amazes me that these knott fans talk about recruiting with the comment about the cardinals winning the game when they have been doing it for years. Cox, Davis, and a couple more were from June Buchanan and Justice was recruited from letcher co. If you take those players away knott might as well shut their basketball program down.

Obviously you havent been around long enough...
Wall4president Wrote:That is like saying the Cougars or Warriors, which ever you prefer, scored 62 in Lexington and had a good 4th quarter in the game the other night. :igiveup: Can't complain if everyone is doing the same thing. :igiveup:

lol
SmileyTown Wrote::Sad04: IT HAS LITERALLY BEGAN TO FALL APART IN KNOTT CO. FELL OUT OF THE CANTRALL RANKINGS. FELL OUT THE TOP SPOT IN THE MOUNTAIN TOP 10. OH I FORGOT ONE POSITIVE THING FOR PATRIOT FAITHFUL. YOU GUYS WERE THE RUNNER-UP IN THE WYMT THIS YEAR. BUT THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THE RUNNER-UP IS ALSO CALLED THE FIRST LOSER
:lame:

History Lesson: KCC was also the runner ups in 2010 to Perry in the WYMT AT Perry...then regional champs by defeating Perry. (when they got Tate Coxd') at Breathitt... If history repeats itself..I'll gladly take that.

This was one of the best ballgames I have ever watched. I don't think we will ever see a player perform the way Camron Justice did in the 4th quarter.
But congratulations to Perry on the win.
zaga_fan Wrote:Knott County fans are planning a big celebration on March 9th

That's the three year anniversary of the last time they beat Perry Central.

It's not really Knott's fault that they didn't meet Perry in the region last year..they did defeat Hazard, Breathitt, and Buckhorn.. (all the other rated opponents)
HeGotGame Wrote:It's not really Knott's fault that they didn't meet Perry in the region last year..they did defeat Hazard, Breathitt, and Buckhorn.. (all the other rated opponents)

Just sharing statistics.
Knott obviously had the superior season last year.

However, folks over in Hindman have to be wound up that it's been this long since they've knocked off Perry.
zaga_fan Wrote:Just sharing statistics.
Knott obviously had the superior season last year.

However, folks over in Hindman have to be wound up that it's been this long since they've knocked off Perry.

Not really, I remember sitting in the gym and watch us get destroyed years ago. I'm happy to be competitive again. We've faired pretty good recently without having to beat Perry so I'm cool with it. Don't get me wrong I would've loved to win Saturday, but there's a bigger picture here and the whole season didnt end. I left feeling great having seen an awesome game and actually having a chance to win.
Pete Jones Wrote:It's funny you talk about how much home court advantage helps a team since the mountain classic was played on Perry's home floor. Haha. Yes knott should have gotten blown out but they didn't. They came back 18 points and should've won. It doesn't say much about a team to blow a lead that big. Phrey is a great player and played great defense, but to say he shut justice down when he had 32 points is comical. I guess every team justice has played this year plays great defense also. I'm still gonna stick with my opinion that knott would win 8 out of 10. Perry won the first. You are right. So they have one more to win and knott can take the other 8. But I will say perry is a good team and they try real hard. No shame in that.

That particular sentence was in reference to the fact that the region is at LCC and there will be no 15th region officials. I did not say Prey shut down Justice I said that he was fatigued when Justice went off. Why did he not do this earlier ? I'll tell you why not because they had him covered up and he did'nt want to force bad shots. Then out of despiration he began to shoot more challenged shots. PCC played good defense most of the game thats why they were able to accumulate such a big lead. I don't think anybody on here would agree with you that either of these teams is so much better as to win 8 out the next 9 when they have already lost the first. You are just a sore loser making excuses for why your team lost. PCC is a better team they have 3 great players to KCC's 2. They also have a better bench and the fact that KCC does'nt have a solid point guard could really bite them later. I think I'll stick with my prediction that PCC would win 6 out of 10. I love all the responses on here it is just going to keep this thread on here that much longer. PCC 68- KCC 62 learn to accept it.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Not really, I remember sitting in the gym and watch us get destroyed years ago. I'm happy to be competitive again. We've faired pretty good recently without having to beat Perry so I'm cool with it. Don't get me wrong I would've loved to win Saturday, but there's a bigger picture here and the whole season didnt end. I left feeling great having seen an awesome game and actually having a chance to win.

That's what I would tell myself as well

:problem:
zaga_fan Wrote:That's what I would tell myself as well

:problem:

mhm
Perry played a good as they can play. I've got 500.00 straight up on the next game. It's at perry. Heston beverly can hold the money.
I'm not a betting man but I'll avatar bet anyone on here that Perry wins the next game
If I had to make a bet it would undoubtedly be on Perry. Some of you all must have never played basketball or watched it for that matter. If Justice could score every possession he would do it. If he could score 23 in every quarter he would do it. The kid had a special performance the other night and that is the beauty of this game when a big time player shines. Perry simply can't be matched. They have 3 of the top 10 players in the mountains. Knott has 1. Knott is a nice team but it will take a cold night from Perry's role players (or foul trouble) for anyone in the
14th to beat them once, let alone 8 out of 10 times.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not a betting man but I'll avatar bet anyone on here that Perry wins the next game

I'm beginning to grow fond of Wonka...
somebody force me to take it down
Who's does PCC play next??
I have watched PCC several games and outside of beverly there first 5 can't shoot outside. Knott averages 48% from outside, they shot 26% if they have a average game they win easy. It wasn't the defense they had open looks just didn't fall. PCC can beat knott but they are not a better team. Don't forget it was at Perry.
If it wasn't for the kid off the bench hitting 5 three's they lose to knott on the worst shooting night knott has had all year.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Who's does PCC play next??

Playing Breathitt right now.
Down 8 at the half!!!!
mad dog Wrote:I have watched PCC several games and outside of beverly there first 5 can't shoot outside. Knott averages 48% from outside, they shot 26% if they have a average game they win easy. It wasn't the defense they had open looks just didn't fall. PCC can beat knott but they are not a better team. Don't forget it was at Perry.

No team is going to average 50% from the 3pt line for the season.

The law of averages always takes over
Wow. Didn't expect that. Say perry comes back n wins by twelve. Wonderin that w against hazard may have the bobcats season some life.
Zaga - update against Breathitt?
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Zaga - update against Breathitt?

No idea...
I just saw it on twitter
mad dog Wrote:Perry played a good as they can play. I've got 500.00 straight up on the next game. It's at perry. Heston beverly can hold the money.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao: