Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 62 - Owsley Co. 58
Final!

Owsley Co. 10 10 16 22 58

Estill Co. 14 18 16 14 62

Owsley Co. -- Shelby 16, B.Hall 4, C.Hall 5, Allen 16, Groves 16.

Estill Co. -- King 2, Baber 5, Trev.Jenkins 16, Tren.Jenkins 24, Morris 15.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...rylink=cpy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This game was not as close as the score shows. Estill lead right around 20 before Coach Bentley took his starters out and replaced them with JV and FR players late in the 3rd. Owsley made a run and Coach put his starters back in at the beginning of the 4th.

Coach Danny Wright was in the house. I'm assuming Powell County was too.
Looks like no one scored of the bench for both teams?
skydiver1 Wrote:Looks like no one scored of the bench for both teams?

Nope. All Starters
Great win for Estill co 3 and 0 in dist play. Looks like all the points came from the starters.
Hold on SK. Coach Bentley gambled on putting in the bench and it back fired. He wasn't trying to make it a close game; he was trying to give his starters a rest while he had a big lead. Owsley closed the gap and had a shot of tying it up when Bill Hall shot a 3. If Coach Bentley thought that might happen he would of left the starters in. Owsley took advantage of the mis-match and made a great run. They grew as a team as a result. The district has never been closer. Owsley will need a win against Powell or Estill at home to ensure the 3 seed. The team that improves the most from now until districts will win.
That's pretty much what I said. I expect the same type of game at Owsley. Estill goes to Powell County next Friday. I think if Estill can beat Powell and Lee then it doesn't really matter what happens against Owsley.
It wont't really matter in the end who is in the 1, 2, 3 or 4 seed. These are four evenly matched teams. Only a slight, and I mean very slight, edge would go to Estill due to home court advantage. Whoever is playing best the week of the district will win the district. And I agree with 8th street. I have never seen a coach take out all starters with an 18 point lead confident he will will the game with JV and freshman. Owls proved they can play with Estill.