Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should They?
After watching last nights thrashing of Notre Dame by Alabama, should ND even be ranked in the top 15? The biggest pretender I can remember being in title game in long time.
I'm not sure the Domers could be UK.....
I kinda agree. From top to bottom, ND would struggle with most of the SEC. I believe Vandy would take them also.
No they should not Confusednicker:

Good news is a playoff will prevent further debacles. It's just taking the powers to be longer than we would have liked to position themselves to make all the $$$ they can from a playoff format.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
In my opinon ND is the media darling. They were in this game because of a weak schedule. An instant replay that blew a touchdown call against Stanford and a Pitt team that needed a kicker. When the media gets such a huge say in who is in this is what you get. The only other blow out I remember in this NC game was USC against Oklahoma.
No. And they should have never been ranked #1 either. They got there by name only and got the beat down that most people saw coming.
^
Exactly what some of us had said all year long.
Notre Dame is a top 10 team, and give Alabama much more credit for being that good. Remember, this is the same Alabama team that beat Michigan by a similar score, and Michigan took South Carolina to the wire. They had 11 games where they held their opponent to 2 TDs or less.
^
Is Pitt and Purdue top 10 to? ND could only manage a 3 point win against both.
Lets remember that Alabama played Michigan in week 1, Carolina got them 3 months later.

Im not trying to tear you up, but i have a VERY hard time believing Notre Dame was good enough to be in the top 25. There defense finally faced a good offense. Oklohoma and Stanford are the same way IMO. Neither are worry of there rankings throughout the year.

They were exposed and it showed. That ND defense would have trouble stopping half of the teams in the SEC, when you think about it on a weekly basis. If Alabama hurt 3 of there defensive players in one night, i wonder how that defense would look at the end of the year playing an SEC schedule, minus the UK's, UT's, and Missouris.
No way the Irish got there on name alone, the media built them up to be this great team. And we all saw what happened when they did play a great team they got the beat down of there history.
All these people who jump on the Irish band wagon make me sick. They just don't like the sec they want us to lose every time out. They can't stand it that the sec has won 7 bcs championship in a row.
The Irish being ranked above Georgia is a travesty. The AP poll is a joke.
That is just dumb....:please: no way you can rank GA lower than ND that's a bunch of bull&$@#!!! The media just don't like sec teams!! :rockon:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Is Pitt and Purdue top 10 to? ND could only manage a 3 point win against both.
Lets remember that Alabama played Michigan in week 1, Carolina got them 3 months later.

Im not trying to tear you up, but i have a VERY hard time believing Notre Dame was good enough to be in the top 25.

then give me 25 teams that were better than Notre Dame

Look, Im not saying Notre Dame was elite this year, I'm saying Alabama was. I have a very hard time thinking that Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Auburn were better than Notre Dame, I even have a really hard time thinking Florida (way over-rated all year) and South Carolina (take out Clowney and they're not in the discussion) were better.

Across the country: Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Oregon were better. Stanford, Florida State, and LSU were even with Notre Dame, if there was 1 team better in that group, it's probably FSU.

I see where your coming from, Notre Dame did not look like a regular top 10 team, but this season, there were not 10 teams that looked like a top 10 team. Same with the top 25. look at the bottom half of the AP and USA polls and tell me those teams are top 25 teams
ND is still a top 5 team. Alabama was just to much. On the way to the game if you look at ND's schedule they played quality teams. Oklahoma, Stanford, USC, Michigan St., and Michigan.
toussaints Wrote:then give me 25 teams that were better than Notre Dame

Look, Im not saying Notre Dame was elite this year, I'm saying Alabama was. I have a very hard time thinking that Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Auburn were better than Notre Dame, I even have a really hard time thinking Florida (way over-rated all year) and South Carolina (take out Clowney and they're not in the discussion) were better.

Across the country: Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Oregon were better. Stanford, Florida State, and LSU were even with Notre Dame, if there was 1 team better in that group, it's probably FSU.

I see where your coming from, Notre Dame did not look like a regular top 10 team, but this season, there were not 10 teams that looked like a top 10 team. Same with the top 25. look at the bottom half of the AP and USA polls and tell me those teams are top 25 teams

All you have to do is move everybody up one and move them out.
I dont have to persuade anybody though, the rest of America knows there a joke now, you can see it on every comment section of every article.

Everybody in the SEC west would beat Notre Dame except for Auburn and Arkansas. I dont care about the east but with the way they played against Bama, i would assume Kent St. would give them a thrashing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:All you have to do is move everybody up one and move them out.
I dont have to persuade anybody though, the rest of America knows there a joke now, you can see it on every comment section of every article.

Everybody in the SEC west would beat Notre Dame except for Auburn and Arkansas. I dont care about the east but with the way they played against Bama, i would assume Kent St. would give them a thrashing.

^ You're telling me Mississippi State would smash Notre Dame? The same Miss. St. team that just had their granny panties jacked from Northwestern. Or that Ole Miss, the same team that gave up 66 points to Texas would beat Notre Dame. The bottom half of the SEC was garbage
toussaints Wrote:^ You're telling me Mississippi State would smash Notre Dame? The same Miss. St. team that just had their granny panties jacked from Northwestern. Or that Ole Miss, the same team that gave up 66 points to Texas would beat Notre Dame. The bottom half of the SEC was garbage

You mean that same Mississippi team that took it to Pittsburgh who took ND into 3 OT's.

Its a revolving door my friend.
The only thing that matters is the head to head matchups.
ND just wasnt that good. Im not saying that because of what Bama did to them. I said that in the preseason!
^ touche, but I'm not changing my stance

I agree with you that Notre Dame was not as good as they thought. Did they deserve the #1 ranking at the time? yes, they on all their games and wins are the most important stats in sports. Did they deserve a spot in the national title game? yes, again they won all their games prior to Bama. IMO I think they are a top 10 team, because I can't think of 10 teams that were better.
^
Will the playoff actually help?

IMO, the SEC would be smart to end the conference championship game now.
What that does is give the oppertunity like this year, to have 3 teams in the 4 team playoff.
I dont think a lot of fan understand how much the playoff will benefit the SEC, and its usually the pure SEC haters that have cried for a playoff for years.

Im curious to see exactly how everything in the college football world will shape up over the next couple of years. IMHO, there needs to be an 11 game season, no conference championships, with an 8 team playoff.

If that had happened this year, you could of had ND, Bama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Kansas State, and Ohio State (had they been eligible) in the 8 team playoff after the regular season was over.
That gives you the conference winners of the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and the SEC. However, looking at the rankings, half of your teams would have come from the same conference, and with Ohio State out this year, Texas A&M or even South Carolina could have been in.

It will get very interesting to see how everything progresses.

Either way, im a FIRM believer that Notre Dame needs to get in a conference. I dont care if its the MAC, they need to get in one. And if some are going to have conference championships, all need to, or vise versa.
Well the SEC does so well, because they treat the season like it's a playoff. Add that on top of the talent level of the conference and you'll probably have atleast 5 more national championships.

As for Notre Dame, they need to just get over it and join a conference. If I'm the Big East, I'd tell Notre Dame that they can keep their TV deal and rivalries, just to do something for Big Least football
^
The big east may not even be there next year, but that may be one deal that can keep it alive.