Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 70 Middlesboro 59
Harlan Co. wins 70-59 at Middlesboro after being down 12-0 early in the game.
Well, I predicted HC 68; Mboro 60.......just sayin'
Wink

I didn't think that the Bears would blow out Middlesboro when they were playing at home. Coach Russell is way too good to allow that to happen. His team was quick, physical and conditioned! I was impressed.

Coach Jones had our team just as prepared, too. Maybe even better. The Bears overcame some questionable circumstances last night to perform like a team; I was very proud of them!!!!!

Shout out to the student section of Middlesboro! They were an extremely obnoxious, loud and amazingly supportive group. Wish we had one just like that! I loved it!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I predicted HC 68; Mboro 60.......just sayin'
Wink

I didn't think that the Bears would blow out Middlesboro when they were playing at home. Coach Russell is way too good to allow that to happen. His team was quick, physical and conditioned! I was impressed.

Coach Jones had our team just as prepared, too. Maybe even better. The Bears overcame some questionable circumstances last night to perform like a team; I was very proud of them!!!!!

Shout out to the student section of Middlesboro! They were an extremely obnoxious, loud and amazingly supportive group. Wish we had one just like that! I loved it!!

We just couldn't get it done.. Middlesboro will have another shot at HC later in the year though.
[Image:

]
Congrats Black Bears. I look forward to watching them play at Pikeville I the Christmas tournament!
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:We just couldn't get it done.. Middlesboro will have another shot at HC later in the year though.

I was getting a little antsy when you guys pulled to within 3, late in the 4th quarter. Jackets are the real deal, and they will do nothing but improve as the season passes.
Coach Jones and the Bears are really making a point to get Caldwell and the other two big kids inside the ball. That will only make them a more dangerous team. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Any stats on this game?
That this is monday morning and until my post there has only been 6 posts about this game?? I mean where in the heck is everybody, this was a game between the top ranked team in the 13th Region and a team that is capable of beating anyone in the region on a given night?? Is there no enthusiasm out there for basketball in the 13th Region or is it just these two teams are boring to talk about?? It seems as though Harlan County has a solid team with a lot of experience, but it also seems like they have a hard time getting all their veterans clicking at the same time? Consistency from their top four Seniors is a must for this team to be a legitimate threat to win their first game in a Regional tournament under Mike Jones and also be a threat to win the Region and go to Rupp and make a solid showing up there!!!