Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 82 Magoffin County 51
Eagles dominate from start to finish at Magoffin County. Two excellent dunks by Shane Hall. The first off a rebound and coast to coast down the left side and from HIGH above the rim. The second of a lob from Slade McPeek in a set offense. Way to go Eagles.
"Slade McPeek" is DEFINITELY an early nomination for 15th region name of the year.
Hall had a great game! 26 points 13 rebounds and 6 blocks
Congrats Johnson Central.

Cant wait untill next tuesday. I'll be at John C. Combs Arena watching JC take on PCC.
Any stats on this game?
Watched this game coach Russell did all he could a stupid foulby a four year starter. to pick up his third foul what was he thinking . kids have know feel for the game this team will be fine.
I must have been watching a different coach at this game!The one I seen was just rubbing his hands up and down his head while sitting in his chair. JC was just to much for this team to handle and the next game at JC could even be worse.
It was fun to watch the 2 best big men in the 15th region go head to head. Hall with 26 pts and 13 reb while pitts posted 16 pts and 13 reb. The 57th district rules.
Johnson central is the team that should win ,magoffin will be fine got a team of young kids what i was told. Couple of good 8graders some good looking freshman, future looks good. New coach will take some time not had a winning season in a long time must change peoples attitude over there.
LOLOLOLOL two best big men son come watch 34 tony messer... belfry mite not be very good this year but ask shane hall about him,,, central fans can say what they want since 8th grade messer gets the best of him EVERY TIME
jc only beat a decent belfry team by 3 last year cause hall had no answer for messer and fouled alot early i think halls stats ended up being better because when he got to come back in messer had got foul trouble himself but hall had like 3 in the first q!!! no disrespect to hall but anyone who watches the 15th knows
bhsuknow92 Wrote:jc only beat a decent belfry team by 3 last year cause hall had no answer for messer and fouled alot early i think halls stats ended up being better because when he got to come back in messer had got foul trouble himself but hall had like 3 in the first q!!! no disrespect to hall but anyone who watches the 15th knows

Just a simple LOL
The one thing I know for sure is the hall kid can play.
Be sure to come and see the game on Jan.5 And see who's the best.
please dont get me wrong shane hall is a monster best player in the 15th regoin im not trying to disrespect him but credit where its due messer is pretty dang good himself!
^OK...will do. By the way. When does Messer sign his D1 commitment to play basketball?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
hes a few inches too short... he did a pretty dang good job on derek willis this summer btw... ill let u know when he signs for football his main sport... but hey it doesnt matter who signs where it matters what they do when they get there and hall has some work to do beefore hes a d1 basketball player... just the same as messer does before hes a d1 tightend
OK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
yall act like im throwing off on shane hall and im not i love the mans game i think hes a stud but messer usually gives him the most trouble hell hall still goes for 10 and 10 but the guy who said pitts was 2nd best big man i was the one i was disagreeing with even though messers stats are btter than halls i will tell u 15 times out of 15 hall is a better basketball player and by stats both aeraged 16 points a game but messer a few more rebounds but also a weaker schedule
Don't assume anything. All I said was ok.
If you really know anything about the kid. Then why did you ask the question you did on the other thread?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...784&page=2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
to see the answer ive seen him play four times now my only problem with him is his haircut hahahaha just kidding... my question was what makes him a d1 player moreso than other 6'8 forwards in the area... athleticsm alone he ahs aton of but so does everyone else in d1
I would take Hall and Pitts over any other two bigs in 15th. Hall for size and plain athlectic ability. Pitts is best post player with ability to play the three and shoot. Nodisrespect to Belfry kid or Pikeville kid, but don't think ethier is as good. Right now Magoffin problem is getting the ball to Pitts in right spots.
[quote=kai]I would take Hall and Pitts over any other two bigs in 15th. Hall for size and plain athlectic ability. Pitts is best post player with ability to play the three and shoot. Nodisrespect to Belfry kid or Pikeville kid, but don't think ethier is as good. Right now Magoffin problem is getting the ball to Pitts in right spots.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!
Magoffin plays like their heads are on fire and their tails are catching!
I'd like to see Magoffin run some offense other than one pass and one shot!
bhsuknow92 Wrote:to see the answer ive seen him play four times now my only problem with him is his haircut hahahaha just kidding... my question was what makes him a d1 player moreso than other 6'8 forwards in the area... athleticsm alone he ahs aton of but so does everyone else in d1

I do not get some fans. This is a JC vs MC thread and you come on here defending Messer.

Shane Hall always gets the opposing team best shot and more times than not the game of their life, every night he plays. Shane will go down as one of the best to play not only in this region, but the entire state. Most fans on here would not know a D-1 prospect if they saw one.

The difference in Shane is his athletism plain and simple. Alot of good kids in this region have size or are fundemetanlly sound, but just do not have the quickness to play at the next level. To play at a D-1 school you have to have the unique atheltism few people have. Shane has it. The difference in Shane and the rest of these players is Shane will be playing D-1 ball on Saturday, they will not. The last time I looked Tennessee is a D-1 scholl and they have offered. So those of you who say he cannot play D-1 ball need to read the sports news, he is there.

By the way, Messer is a great player and I rooted for Belfry against Lousiville Central in the title game. I am a JC fan but appriciate greatness when I see it and acknowledge it.
bhsuknow92 Wrote:hes a few inches too short... he did a pretty dang good job on derek willis this summer btw... ill let u know when he signs for football his main sport... but hey it doesnt matter who signs where it matters what they do when they get there and hall has some work to do beefore hes a d1 basketball player... just the same as messer does before hes a d1 tightend

Please explain to me how this makes any sense? Tennessee has already offered Shane Hall. They are a major D-1 school in the SEC which is a GREAT offer. Where is Messer getting interest from? Hmm? Hall also has an offer from Butler who made it to the NCAA Championship 2 years in a row, another good offer. I'd also like top point out Shane Hall is ranked anywhere from 25-50th in the Nation in any given ranking for the class of 2014.

Quit hating on Hall, you don't seem to know much about basketball anyway, you're probably about 14-15 and just jealous of him because you know what Hall is capable of.

Hate on Shane as much as you want, but you know just as well as everyone here how great Hall is.

MonsterMan knows what's up.
I've not seen messer play so I can't really commit on him but I have seen hall and pitts play and both of these young men are the real deal. Also pitts and hall plays in the 57th district which is by far the toughest district in the 15th region.