Prestonsburg 64 Greenup County 62
Final

Prestonsburg 2-0

Leading scorers : D. Frasure 23 pts 13 rebounds

B. Williams 20 pts

J. Hall 14 pts
Congrats Blackcats.
Close game
Ugly game to watch tonight. Blackcats controlled much of the first half, but like last night against BL, they played terrible in the 3rd quarter and much of the 4th quarter.

Williams, Hall, and Frasure played excellent most of the game. The effort from Jarrell tonight concerned me. He takes a lot of possessions off, while he has teammates playing their tails off. Hopefully he can get it together and be the player we all know he is.

Depth is obviously Pburg's achilles heel this season. Anytime a starter gets into foul trouble then the Blackcats are hurting.

Anyone know why Dillon is not playing?
Jarrell's body language says that he isn't playing as a team player. If it wasn't for D. Frasure Pburg would be 0-2.

If this team could get in an offensive set and play together they won't have to worry about depth.
ThePit Wrote:Jarrell's body language says that he isn't playing as a team player. If it wasn't for D. Frasure Pburg would be 0-2.

If this team could get in an offensive set and play together they won't have to worry about depth.

I agree.
signature win for the blackcats
Greenup is terrible.
Close game !
Thanks to halls 3's and bryson clutch shots, not to mention dalton being a man inside the paint.
Jarrell has been acting different lately, I dont know what it is but if you watch you can tell hes just not the same .
Both teams played hard.
Dillon is out with Severely tore muscles in his lower back.
canoeman06 Wrote:Final

Prestonsburg 2-0

Leading scorers : D. Frasure 23 pts 13 rebounds

B. Williams 20 pts

J. Hall 14 pts

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Ugly game to watch tonight. Blackcats controlled much of the first half, but like last night against BL, they played terrible in the 3rd quarter and much of the 4th quarter.

Williams, Hall, and Frasure played excellent most of the game. The effort from Jarrell tonight concerned me. He takes a lot of possessions off, while he has teammates playing their tails off. Hopefully he can get it together and be the player we all know he is.

Depth is obviously Pburg's achilles heel this season. Anytime a starter gets into foul trouble then the Blackcats are hurting.

Anyone know why Dillon is not playing?

Thanks for the stats canoeman06.

Thanks for the summary of the game BlackcatAlum. I've not been able to make it to a game yet. I hope to be there next week.

Good luck Blackcats & congrats on a 2-0 start.
Jarrell has a cockiness to him that I don't particularly like. His mannerisms on the court are that he is the best on the team and that they couldn't function without him. I like a kid with fire and confidence, but his is one of arrogance. I'm sure James will see that on game film when he gets a chance to review it and will address it. He kinda puts me in mind of Alex Poythress for UK this year. Has tons of talent, but doesn't apply himself every possession. Regardless, the Blackcats have looked decent so far this season and I expect them to get even better as the year progresses.
How many 3 pointers did the Blackcats take/make. Just curious. Would like to see them drive and distribute more, play "inside-out" as Frasure is playing effective. Also, Holliday needs some composure. Going to need him on the floor more than he realizes. Looking forward to seeing how they come out against Paintsville, as I'm sure BMR's team will come in playing very hard. Anyway, 2-0 nice start for the Cats and Staff.
I would like to see the drama disappear for at least one sport in my lifetime. The way Prestonsburg caters to their athletes in all sports I just cannot understand why student-athletes act that way..they seem like they are owed something.

I hope the DeRossetts live up to their reputation of not putting up with that crap, because if they don't, then that is when programs fall.

I hope JJ cleans out his panties drawer and starts playing TEAM ball, and not ME ball.

Good luck to the CATS the rest of the season...
ThePit Wrote:I would like to see the drama disappear for at least one sport in my lifetime. The way Prestonsburg caters to their athletes in all sports I just cannot understand why student-athletes act that way..they seem like they are owed something.

I hope the DeRossetts live up to their reputation of not putting up with that crap, because if they don't, then that is when programs fall.

I hope JJ cleans out his panties drawer and starts playing TEAM ball, and not ME ball.

Good luck to the CATS the rest of the season...

Is JJ the QB on the football team? If so then maybe he justs needs time to adjust to basketball.......or maybe I know nothing of what I'm trying to say.
knighted Wrote:Is JJ the QB on the football team? If so then maybe he justs needs time to adjust to basketball.......or maybe I know nothing of what I'm trying to say.

As far as I know he is the starting QB but there are 3 other starters on the BB team that are starters on the FB team as well....they dont look like they need any adjusting. The only adjusting JJ needs is his attitude it looks like.

I was sitting right behind the bench during the BL game and James was telling him to sit down and he just stood there ignoring him...and he got benched, thats why the other kid went in...dont remember his name.:argue:
It looks like Frasure is the teams leading scorer, and that doesnt sit well with JJ.What a shame that a kid with his talent cant get his head right. Its not really the kids fault, he has been told he is greatest thing since sliced bread since he was in grade school.....The all stars get special treament at P-burg..in both sports...It takes more than a couple of talented kids to win championships...Thats why treating your best athletes different from the rest of your players doesnt produce any state titles in any sport.......anyway good luck Blackcats...your off to a good start....
Step 1: Buy them for what they are worth.
Step 2: Sell them for what they think they are worth.
Step 3. RETIRE!!!!
Good job P-Burg