Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any word yet on where Shawn Thompson is going to play ball?
Anyone know where Lawrence County standout Shawn Thompson is going to play college ball at. Personally I would LOVE to see him play at Pikeville.
He has had several offers including to play at Pikeville, he hasnt made up his mind as of yet. I know the following have offered:

1) Pikeville
2) Liberty (VA)
3) Shawnee St (Oh)
4) Rio Grande (OH)
5) WVa Wesleyn (WVA)
6) then alot oif the small in state schools.

And there are other that I just cant think of it at this time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
If I were him I'd take Liberty up on that offer, they are a small D-1 school, but hey how many kids from this area can say they actually played D-1. I think he could be a contributor right away if he went there at SF.
Whatever happened to the kid that was there when I played, graduated in 03'. He was tough, anyone know where he is at now.
I'm assuming you are speaking of Steven Driver. He is currently in the Air Force, married, and stationed in Montana. And he is a better basketball player now then he was in high school.
I agree about Liberty, They won the conference a few seasons back, maybe the new recruits their can help get them back in the NCAA's. Though the Big South seems to be Winthrops league for the next while.
The location of the schools in that conference is ideal, I mean you have games in Asheville NC which is only like 4 hours away, Liberty is in VA, so a lot of the schools where he'll be playing are close by.
Liberty would be a good fit.