Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper 40, Franklin County 27
Randy Borchers is without a doubt the coach of the year in nky
^Agreed...Congrats to Cooper on the win and shutting down the flying circus.
Went to the game heard officials were from Harlan Co. Don't know that is true but they sure help determine the outcome.
Dropaduece Wrote:Went to the game heard officials were from Harlan Co. Don't know that is true but they sure help determine the outcome.

Excuses, excuses! Look forward to playing cooper!
I got this one right.:Thumbs:
congrats Cooper
Was Cooper was 5 for 5 on 2pt conversions?
Called this one.
Cooper has been a pleasent surprise all year.

It will be interesting to see a Harlan County/Cooper match up.
Dropaduece Wrote:Went to the game heard officials were from Harlan Co. Don't know that is true but they sure help determine the outcome.

Now thats funny.

Julien Tackett took a bribe and sent Harlan County referees to cheat Franklin County. That way Harlan County wouldn't have to play Franklin County next week. Confusednicker:

And the reason that Harlan County didn't want to play Franklin County, I assume, is because Franklin's Defense is so bad that after Harlan's running backs, ran for about 9 thousand yards in the game, they would be to exausted to play in the Finals at Bowling green. :Shaking:
FC did not get cheated - They got BEAT! This Cooper team has proven all season long how good they are! This team will play in the state finals game!

HC would have loved to have played Franklin County. We built them a turf field to run on. They did not uphold their end of the bargain.
Anybody know Ryan Timmons' stats from the game?
Stardust Wrote:FC did not get cheated - They got BEAT! This Cooper team has proven all season long how good they are! This team will play in the state finals game!
This is coming from the same clown that picked Pulaski by 8 over Harlan County??
Nice job by Cooper.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Now thats funny.

Julien Tackett took a bribe and sent Harlan County referees to cheat Franklin County. That way Harlan County wouldn't have to play Franklin County next week. Confusednicker:

And the reason that Harlan County didn't want to play Franklin County, I assume, is because Franklin's Defense is so bad that after Harlan's running backs, ran for about 9 thousand yards in the game, they would be to exausted to play in the Finals at Bowling green. :Shaking:
Lol, good one there Willie!!!
Congrats to Cooper. Could it be possible NKY puts 4 different teams in the state finals?
Beechwood, NewCath, Highlands and Cooper. Each NKY county represented
I would assume Cooper hasnt played anyone close to Harlan County's style offootball.
First I'm a Anderson Co. fan. I asked a question about what I overheard at the field. I found it odd the the KHSAA would send a crew that could appear to be bais for either team. Connors coaches had a damn good gameplan and the executed it to perfection. But it appeared on several pass attempts to Timmons there was obvious penalties that were not called. Not sour grapes because I don't have a dog in the fight. Good Luck to Connor and Harlan Co.
The only thing that helped determine the outcome was franklin county's refusal to play defense. How any team expects to compete for titles and think you can just outscore everyone is crazy. Just an embarrassing defensive display.
GetChili Wrote:Anybody know Ryan Timmons' stats from the game?

He was pretty much shut down. He did have 1 rushing TD run for like 57 yards, but that was about it rushing wise. He finsihed with I think 81 yards on 11 carries. Other than tthe 57 yard run he averaged 2.4 yards a carry the rest of the way.

You are right, thhe officials were not very ggood. They gave FC many calls. I will put it tthis way, thre were 3 things that stood out that stood out the most when it came to officials.
1. Timmons going outt for a pass on aa long 3rd down, was coovered big time and he horse collared thee CB and basically threw him downn right before the ball got there, it was an incoomplette paass and no flag, Timmons was crying for a defenisve PI when in reality a flag shold of been called on him...no flag.

2. There was a FC player flagged for a personal foul in the 1st qtr. Same qttr the same player was penalized again for another personal foul, he shhould of been thrown out for rreceiving his 2nd personal foul (both unsportsmanship penalties) He wasn't thrown out.

3. Cooper had a 3rd down play, 3rd and 8 or sometrhing like that. Completed a pass for 10 yards, the receeiver caught the ball 2 yards beyond thhe sticks and then was pushed back 66 yards and then out of bounds. The ref marked it aa yard short of the marker. The thing was he caught the ball right next to the sticks so everyone in the stadium could see it was aa firsst doown..

So if for some reason you are implying the Refs favored Cooper, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

With that all said, it was a great game and my hats off to all the FC playerss and fans and especially those seniros. They had a great season and should be proud of themselves.
HEY COOPER, come on down, your the next contestant on the long ride to HC! It will be even longer going home! Have a safe trip! After the lose!
loss
Franklin County's inability to stop anyone finally caught up with them. Great season. Timmons will be irreplaceable. Congrats to Cooper.
To me it was a total team effort to lose, 3 turnovers, 2 of them on possible scoring drives, and one that gave COoper great feild position. Defense made some great plays but not enough.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would assume Cooper hasnt played anyone close to Harlan County's style offootball.

Ryle and Boone county