Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Confusion!!!!!!!!
Here is my theory, conclusions and predictions!

1.Kstate-just because they are #2 now, its just natural selection. The wildcats
have a played a sub-par schedule, a close and questionable win against Iowa state but good wins include WVU and Oklahoma.

2.Oregon-the ducks really need to be #1 but natural selection wont have it, but who knows they really have not played a schedule worth bragging about, they have destroyed everyone even USC which they only one by 11pts but dominated the game. Oregons real test will come the last two weeks of the season at home against Stanford and on the road at Oregon state.

3.Alabama-what do i have to say they play in the SEC, and imo they are still the best team in the country and will be playing in the national champions and win the SEC.

4.Notre Dame-Im still not sold on the Irish, they have 4 wins by a combined 16pts Purdue, BYU, Michigan, and Pitt one of them was a 3 point win in 3 ots at home to Pitt c'mon man Pitt, all 4 of those games were at home, and im not counting the 7 point win at home in ot to Stanford. Their biggest and best road win was against the sooners when they run the table and beat USC handily then i will be a fan of the Irish but untill then they are not even in conversations as national title contenders.

5.Georgia-I'm a huge SEC fan but like the Irish, i'm not sold on the bulldogs but they have been impressive and really have good wins just a bad loss to South Carolina and a close win against Kentucky which they struggled other than that a good solid team.

In the end i see it playing out like this, Kstate will have a bad outing against Texas but they will win out but will be jumped by Oregon who also wins out and wins the pac 12 so Oregon is in the bcs championship game. Notre Dame loses to Lane Kiffen and USC so they are out of the picture, Bama wins out and the SEC and then it comes down to does a one loss SEC champion jump an undefeated badly overrated big 12 kstate team my answer is yes they will because the computers love SEC teams and deep down all the humans do to Smile but that's just my opinion let the debating begin hahahah.:problem:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oregon and pitiful K State are the next Boises and will continue to be. There both horrible and quite frankly suck. They will both lose and you will see ND and there weak schedule get destroyed by Bama.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Here is my theory, conclusions and predictions!

1.Kstate-just because they are #2 now, its just natural selection. The wildcats
have a played a sub-par schedule, a close and questionable win against Iowa state but good wins include WVU and Oklahoma.

2.Oregon-the ducks really need to be #1 but natural selection wont have it, but who knows they really have not played a schedule worth bragging about, they have destroyed everyone even USC which they only one by 11pts but dominated the game. Oregons real test will come the last two weeks of the season at home against Stanford and on the road at Oregon state.

3.Alabama-what do i have to say they play in the SEC, and imo they are still the best team in the country and will be playing in the national champions and win the SEC.

4.Notre Dame-Im still not sold on the Irish, they have 4 wins by a combined 16pts Purdue, BYU, Michigan, and Pitt one of them was a 3 point win in 3 ots at home to Pitt c'mon man Pitt, all 4 of those games were at home, and im not counting the 7 point win at home in ot to Stanford. Their biggest and best road win was against the sooners when they run the table and beat USC handily then i will be a fan of the Irish but untill then they are not even in conversations as national title contenders.

5.Georgia-I'm a huge SEC fan but like the Irish, i'm not sold on the bulldogs but they have been impressive and really have good wins just a bad loss to South Carolina and a close win against Kentucky which they struggled other than that a good solid team.

In the end i see it playing out like this, Kstate will have a bad outing against Texas but they will win out but will be jumped by Oregon who also wins out and wins the pac 12 so Oregon is in the bcs championship game. Notre Dame loses to Lane Kiffen and USC so they are out of the picture, Bama wins out and the SEC and then it comes down to does a one loss SEC champion jump an undefeated badly overrated big 12 kstate team my answer is yes they will because the computers love SEC teams and deep down all the humans do to Smile but that's just my opinion let the debating begin hahahah.:problem:

I understand why everyone likes to hate on my Irish BUT...

K-State beat:
Missouri State
Miami
Kansas
North Texas
West Virginia (Sucks)

Best win - @ Oklahoma

You can say what u want about BYU & Pitt but they are both better than Kansas, North Texas, & Missouri State.... And are you really going to try to put Michigan in there... Get real.

Sure Notre Dame don't kill teams but a win is a win... Notre Dame is a DEF team and they win on D.

What has K-State done???

(10-0)

I love that Texas A&M just now coming into the SEC and working big bad Bama... SEC - overrated.... not Texas but Texas A&M
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kansas State is in the driver's seat to earn a berth in the championship game this January after Alabama's fall from grace. There's no more fear of being jumped by Oregon. If the Wildcats win out, they will be in the title game. Like Oregon though, Kansas State's greatest strength is its potent scoring offense. Assuming the Wildcats finish No. 1 or No. 2 in the BCS, they would need Heisman Trophy candidate Collin Klein to be at his best against either a fast defense in Oregon, or a physical one in Notre Dame. This team will only go as far as Klein takes it.

At the moment, the Ducks look to be in position to play for the crown. Oregon will finish the regular season against ranked Pac-12 foes Stanford and Oregon State. If the Ducks can outscore both of those teams and finish 12-0, they'll be a Pac-12 Championship Game win away from 13-0 and returning to the BCS National Championship Game for the second time in three seasons. The country's highest scoring offense would then likely need to either outscore Kansas State or grind out a win over the Irish.

For the defending national champions, repeating after Saturday's bitter loss to Texas A&M will take tons of help from the teams at the top. If Nick Saban's team can right the ship defensively and run the ball with success on early downs, then Alabama will be on its way to finishing the regular season 11-1. The good news for Alabama fans is that the Tide will have an extra shot to impress in the SEC Championship Game against Georgia. Alabama must win out against Western Carolina, Auburn and Georgia (SEC Championship Game), and hope for Kansas State, Oregon and Notre Dame to slip up somewhere down the line.

Notre Dame will need the luck of the Irish in order to finish the year inside the top two in the BCS. Unless either Kansas State or Oregon fall at some point over the next few weeks, Brian Kelly's Irish will more than likely be left disappointed at season's end. Even if Notre Dame can finish 12-0 and beat Wake Forest and USC in blowout fashion, it might not be enough to trump what Kansas State and Oregon have done, thanks to those two teams' exciting offenses and impressive resumes. Therefore, the Irish must continue to play sensational defense, win and hope that one of the top two teams ahead of them slip up. Then, Notre Dame would have to make the BCS National Championship Game a dog fight behind the effort of its fearsome front seven.
there's no confusion to this

1. Kansas State
2. Oregon
3. Notre Dame
4. Alabama
5. Georgia

Your national championship game will be Kansas State vs. Oregon
There will be much confusion...atleast one, if not two, of the top 3 will not finish unscathed.

Kansas St. disappointed me by not getting upset by TCU. I was a week early in my prediction...Baylor will upset KSU ( at Baylor ) and if I'm wrong again the Longhorns await the week after. Two very tough BIG12 opponents for them with a NC oppty. on the line. Whichever of the two teams passes more effectively has the better chance. KSU defensive secondary is more than suspect....they are poopy and really haven't faced a good passing team yet.

Oregon by far has the most difficult journey. There defense gives up 50 plus to USC but they can score 60 plus. Stanford and Oregon St. should keep them under 45 ( maybe 35 ). Just not sure which team is going to score more points. Both are top 20 teams. If Oregon can win out they've earned their place in the NC game.

ND simply has to win and convincingly. Saw a BCS prediction on ESPN this am that had ND playing Nebraska in the Rose Bowl if Oregon wins out and earns the NC game. Probably not a bad place for them after watching the Pitt game. I'm an irish fan and have been for years. But I'm objective...and if ND faced the likes of an Oregon or Alabama in the NC game. It would be very much like the Florida-Cincinnati Sugar bowl a few years ago. They would lose by 3-4 scores. If the "luck of the irish" kicks in and they end up playing KSU in the NC game. I think they can win.

Best matchup would be Oregon vs. Alabama. Bama needs help and is going to get it. Too much can happen in these last three weeks and always does.

All of the top three could lose and that would really upset the apple cart. Going to be fun watching how it all plays out.
I honestly hope we do not see a K State/Oregon championship game.
Those teams are horrible compared to Bama and even Notre Dame.
If the tide win the sec championship they should jump the Irish. Notre Dame is a good team bu they almost lost to Pitt at HOME. I just the Ducks lose somewhere. I'm just not impressed with them. They let USC put 52 points on them I believe. They'll be in trouble when they play a team with a real defense not that PAC 12 stuff.
KState and Oregon still have a chance to lose.
I dont think ND or Bama will lose again.
grim_reminder Wrote:If the tide win the sec championship they should jump the Irish.

If the Irish stay undefeated, Bama stays behind them
Kansas State and Oregon will lose and drop out of contention. Notre Dame wins out and, Alabama defeats Georgia in the SEC Championship.

National title game Notre Dame vs Alabama.
I see no confusion at all, period! I see 4 Saturday's left, and a lot of football to be played. The confusion will start around midnight Dec. 1/2 if, K-State, Oregon, ND all end up undefeated. Until late Saturday, Dec. 1 there is no confusion at all.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Kansas State and Oregon will lose and drop out of contention. Notre Dame wins out and, Alabama defeats Georgia in the SEC Championship.

National title game Notre Dame vs Alabama.

2 out of 4 has now happened. I'm just waiting on the other 2.
toussaints Wrote:there's no confusion to this

1. Kansas State
2. Oregon
3. Notre Dame
4. Alabama
5. Georgia

Your national championship game will be Kansas State vs. Oregon

Looks like you got confused
Let me post you the top 5 as of today

1 Notre Dame
2 Bama
3 Georgia
4 Florida
5 Oregon

The top 3 teams control their own destiny in this year's title hunt.

ND simply has to beat USC to make it (which they probably will).
Bama and Georgia will have to beat Auburn and G-Tech (which they probably will) and then play each other in the SEC Title game. The winner of that will play ND for the title.

Anyone with a number greater than 3 beside their name will need a top team to get upset first.

Question for you guys!
Let's say for the sake of argument that Notre Dame loses...
Does Florida play in the title game?

What if Oregon loses as well?
Who jumps them?
zaga_fan Wrote:Let me post you the top 5 as of today

1 Notre Dame
2 Bama
3 Georgia
4 Florida
5 Oregon

The top 3 teams control their own destiny in this year's title hunt.

ND simply has to beat USC to make it (which they probably will).
Bama and Georgia will have to beat Auburn and G-Tech (which they probably will) and then play each other in the SEC Title game. The winner of that will play ND for the title.

Anyone with a number greater than 3 beside their name will need a top team to get upset first.

Question for you guys!
Let's say for the sake of argument that Notre Dame loses...
Does Florida play in the title game?

What if Oregon loses as well?
Who jumps them?

I don't think Florida will get in because I think they'll lose to Florida State....

If Notre Dame gets beat by USC...

Alabama and Oregon will play for National Championship but I would like to see Florida State in the mix...

but after last week... Nothing is given....

What if....

USC beats Notre Dame
GT beats Georgia
Oregon St beats Oregon
Florida State beats Florida

then.... Alabama wins SEC

maybe Notre Dame and Alabama still play in NC....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:Looks like you got confused

very confused haha

something to think about: Florida State beats Florida and wins the ACC, do they play for a national title?
toussaints Wrote:very confused haha

something to think about: Florida State beats Florida and wins the ACC, do they play for a national title?

I doubt it...
but that's just me.

There's a chance, especially if they beat Florida, but that loss to NC State is a bad one. I think that a few 1-loss teams would be ahead of them.
Well my mid-season prediction of Notre Dame looks like it might be correct. Stupid Florida.

Well my prediction for NC could still be correct. If.. Georgia Tech beats Georgia, and Alabama loses in the SEC Championship, and Florida beats Fl. State... Long shot, but hey, it might happen.
[Image:

]
Still a lot of football to be played guys. I'm telling you when all is said and done there will not be the confusion we think there will be.
^
Of course not.
When its all said and done, we will know who won.