Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fairview
42.86%
Pikeville
57.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview @ Pikeville 11/16
The Panthers may be the most improved team I seen. Great coaching job. Pulling for Pike will be a very rough task but that is as they say why the play the game.
WOW! That video is SICK PT! Gave me chills multiple times!!! Pulling for Pikeville!!
jetpilot Wrote:The team from Ohio that Fairview beat is 5-5 with wins coming against teams that are 1-9, 1-9, 1-10, 2-8, and 4-6 for a total of 9-42. They are ranked 568th in the state of Ohio by Maxpreps.

Hmmm. Doesn't even sound close to a Belfry, Swain,NC., or even a Sheldon Clark for that matter, when you compare strength of schedule. Strength of schedule does matter, and it's being manifested now. Thanks for the info. JP.
It's kind of hard to watch that video and not root for the boys in maroon & white.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Hmmm. Doesn't even sound close to a Belfry, Swain,NC., or even a Sheldon Clark for that matter, when you compare strength of schedule. Strength of schedule does matter, and it's being manifested now. Thanks for the info. JP.

Hmmm. Outside of those two (Belfry and Swain) the schedules were very comparable. Fleming was better than Sheldon Clark for that matter, and so was the 5-5 school from Columbus and Raceland.

The rest of both teams schedules were horrible.
People if you really like Pikeville, I think you all need to get on here and vote for Fairview. Because, if everyone thinks Fairview will win then the ville will show up. They have to be underdogs for that to happen.
Pikeville by 2
We (Powell) played Pikeville early in the season and Fairview late in the season. I know Pikeville has obviously improved but am really surprised to even see them in this game. Fairview is amazing. They are the better team. The best players Ohio and WV can produce. Was not impressed with Pikeville even though they thumped us. The Fairview team was amazing. They are strong, fast, & very physical. I see them dominating this game. Fairview big!
FBALL Wrote:Hmmm. Outside of those two (Belfry and Swain) the schedules were very comparable. Fleming was better than Sheldon Clark for that matter, and so was the 5-5 school from Columbus and Raceland.

The rest of both teams schedules were horrible.

To say we are in a weak district would be an understatement. But we are, nothing we can do about that. But the edge has to go to Pikeville in strength of schedule. You left Harlan out, and they were defintely no pushover. A much improved team from last season that thumped us early. However, at this point we put it all on the field tonight,and this one will be a barn burner. Hope for safe/iniury free game for both, and may the best team win. GO PANTHERS!!
blitz43 Wrote:We (Powell) played Pikeville early in the season and Fairview late in the season. I know Pikeville has obviously improved but am really surprised to even see them in this game. Fairview is amazing. They are the better team. The best players Ohio and WV can produce. Was not impressed with Pikeville even though they thumped us. The Fairview team was amazing. They are strong, fast, & very physical. I see them dominating this game. Fairview big!
Unreal. Pikeville thumped you in the second game of the season, with a sophomore QB making just his second high school start ever, and has improved dramatically over the course of the season. Guarantee if you all played again at this point, it would be Good Night Sally by an even worse score. To say you are surprised to even see them in this game just goes to show you don't understand the importance of a real schedule that prepares you exactly for this time of year. Pikeville IS the underdog in this game, but the team has a lot of heart, and a lot more talent than people give them credit for. Fairview will be looking to avenge last year's perfect season spoiled on their own home field, and looking to avoid having that happen again. So they will be playing with fire and determination too. Should be a great game! Just praying for injury-free game on both sides, like Five-O said. Go Panthers!
Micro-Brew Wrote:I don't bet but I'd take this one. Hey wildcat1. 1000$ and I got Pikeville +94. Wanna bet???

actually, the line just moved to 95 1/2...and I can't participate since I'm an employee Confusednicker:
fairview is too much for pikeville
Nice to see teams playing for the runner up trophy. Both teams must realize Mayfield will be at Bowling Green waiting.
hey ...Es Army, i speak for everyone on here wen i say Mayfield does not scare anybody especially the 4 teams left in the east!!
Just for everyone on here, E is not a Mayfield fan. This is the 3rd site that I have found today that he has done this on. He apparently is trying to get everyone thinking it is Mayfield talking crap. This Mayfield fan has been saying all along that I am for the underdog in this game. Good luck pville. I won't pick y'all to win because y'all stand a btr chance as an underdog. Your boys thrive on being told they can't win and I absolutely love that.
I said earlier Pike is the most improved team I have seen. Home field and underdog status gives the Panthers a close victory. 24-21.
The only two things I know for sure is if they do I want another cool video and that Hazard will be fully aware that they btr not take them lightly.
[quote=mysonis55]The only two things I know for sure is if they do I want another cool video and that Hazard will be fully aware that they btr not take them lightly.[/QUOTE

If Hazard wins and Pikeville wins im sure hazard will not take pikeville lightly because these two are rivals. Pikeville has dominated the serious but since 2006 in the playoffs hazard has defeated pikeville each time theyve played..
Well I wasn't aware of all of that but I knew they wouldn't take them lightly because of last years nail biter.
Fairview 35

Pikeville 21
I am seeing alot of predictions with low scores. Here is my thought. IF pikeville defense holds Fairview under 25 points, then Pikeville wins the game.

Problem is, I see no way that Pikeville can keep them under 25.

Fairview 42
Pikeville 20