Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green's 7th and 8th teams
Bowling Green's 7th and 8th grade teams will both be playing for the Middle School State Championships today. The future looks bright. Go Purples!
Any updates on these games. I hope they won like Butler Co did. This may stop some of this talk about the weekness of us in the west. Butler killed Raceland 44-8. We played Butler to a 8-0 ball game in the loss in the Regional game last week. Lone Oak played BG's 8th grd pretty well as well. I have been waiting all day to hear how you guys did.
mysonis55 Wrote:Any updates on these games. I hope they won like Butler Co did. This may stop some of this talk about the weekness of us in the west. Butler killed Raceland 44-8. We played Butler to a 8-0 ball game in the loss in the Regional game last week. Lone Oak played BG's 8th grd pretty well as well. I have been waiting all day to hear how you guys did.

I have sat on my deck watching the middle school playoffs all day. Sorry Purple but BG's 7th graders lost 20-6 in the championship game and got destroyed by Southwest Pulaski in the 8th grade finals 49-0
Bowling Green only had 5 yards of total offense and I think about 4 total minutes of possession at the halfway mark of the 4th quarter in the 7th grade game.
Can a fan from Pulaski County explain how the North and South Pulaski middle school teams are among the best in the state every year, but it doesn't really translate to the high school level. I'm not saying Southwestern and Pulaski County aren't good high school teams or programs, but they don't dominate like the middle schools do.
YNWA, sounds like maybe the middle school coach is getting overlooked for the high school job, or maybe just they hit the growth spurt quicker than others.
*Insert cheap shot at BG here*
Congrats to the young Purples and to the teams that beat them. I am very satisfied that both of our teams made it to the finals. Just think of how good they will be in a few years, when they have been in the program awhile.
maybe their kids are a little older. 13-14 pretty close to the same, now 15 a HUGE! HUGE!! differnce .
Do your math... The first of the pulaski middle super teams would just be sophomores. Give them two years and see if it has translated.
How many middle schools play in this tourney?
hop24 Wrote:How many middle schools play in this tourney?

Roughly 80 or so schools. There are more teams than that in the tournament, as many schools enter an 8th and a 7th grade team.