Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon County v/s Garrard County 11/9/12
Have much respect for the Golden Lions but being a Colonels faithful have to stay with home team in this one. Will be a heck of a game and closer than we think.
Bourbon 28
Garrad 24
What's up Grid Iron Warrior, I believe BC is ready for the Golden Lions this time around, should be a great game, Good Luck to both teams...
I really dont know much about these 2 teams, but going by ekualum assessment:
BC 28
GC 14
Zach Morris is God Wrote:I have been thinking... Will Garrard come out swinging or stay on the ground like they did last game? Thought Scenters had a wonderful game plan.

Also, will I have to my kids and screechs' ears from one ofthe Garrard County coaches who drops bad words on a regular basis? I think he said one bad word 10 times in a 15 word sentence the last game vs. Bourbon and everyone heard him. I think there is no room for that in high school athletics. We never did that at Bayside High.

That coach caused quite a stir at Russell Friday. Dropping GDs and F bombs from the top of the press box that could be heard throughout the stadium. No place for that. He gives the program a black eye with those actions.

Personal note to him. Dude, you are talking into a mic you don't have to scream it at the top of your lungs. Everybody got the point that you wanted that kid off of the field. Earmuffs!
Professor7 Wrote:What's up Grid Iron Warrior, I believe BC is ready for the Golden Lions this time around, should be a great game, Good Luck to both teams...

What's going on Professor!! Been dealing with a few things but definitely will be there Friday! I agree 100%, Bourbon will be ready and I feel should bring home the W. But Garrad and Bourbon have become a rivalry in the district, maybe f realignment changes that we could keep Garrad on the scheule for a rivalry game.

I have a lot of respect for both teams and coaching staff!!
Goodluck to both teams!!!
Bourbon by 16
Bourbon County 35

Garrard County 14
Good Luck to Mark Scenters and his boys.
Heading into tonights game, you can throw all the records and what-ifs out the window. What you have is 2 hungry teams that are going to strap it on tonight and go to war. On one side of the field you got Bourbon Co., chomping at the bit to dethrone the Defending Region Champion and continue their dream season. They come in the obvious favorite and already have 1 victory over GC this year. On the other side of the field you have a Garrard Co. team, defending Regional Champion, looking to roll into Paris and put the clamps on a very explosive Bourbon team. You couldn't ask for a better game tonight!

I see Garrard's D making a big play late and holding onto a 18-16 victory over Bourbon. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Garrard still has a strong nucleaus of players from last years State Semi-Final run and a good group of younger players who have stepped up and contributed this year. The GC seniors do not want their careers to end tonight and they will dig deep and find a way to pull this one out.

"Don't Ever Underestimate The Heart Of A Champion"
Garrard won't out athlete Bourbon, and Bourbon's defense seems pretty stout this season. Bourbon win's by 2 TD's
Bourbon County has way too many weapons both offensively and defensively to see a loss its also an away game and Adena Springs Field is an extremely intimidating environment for any visiting team. To name a few of those weapons, Kentayvus Hopkins, Brent Holmon, Charles Johnson, Dalton Pope, Jaxson Hilander, Hayden Cox, Joey Gomez all have extremely dangerous speed. With that being said, Garrard County does have a few weapons themselves such as Abney and Caudill. GC wont out run BC, so if they want a chance they're gonna have to run through them, which is easier said than done with their swarm and punish the ball carrier mentality and much improved Defensive lineman Jamal Clark and Chase Berry shutting down the run game between the tackles and a mean linebacker corps lead by Dakota Mitchell cleaning up the edges. Bourbon can score just as easily on Defense as they can on Offense. Oh, and did I mention their special teams? WOW. I say BC by 3 TD's.
End 1st

Bourbon 14-0

Hopkins 60 Run and Bourbon scores again from 2 yards out
Bourbon 20-0. Hopkins 79 run
Bourbon 28-0 2nd Quarter
Bourbon 35-0
Bourbon 42-0 on a TD Pass. still 2nd quarter