Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lane Goodwin passes away
Lane Goodwin the little boy that had cancer, that everyone gave a "thumbs up" to passed away this evening.

His family is asking for prayers.
Hate to hear this, especially at such a young age.
Prayers for him and his family.
KSR has couple videos of Lane/Turtle Man and face time with Lane and Nerlens Noel

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=120147

Lane inspired a lot of people all over the country. No matter what went on he had a smile on his face that no one could break. R.I.P. Big Guy
Hate to hear. God Bless him and his family. RIP to a TOUGH young man.
I feel like I have lived under a cave. Can someone fill me in on the story of the young man's life?
Lane was first diagnosed with alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma -- a rare and aggressive cancer that affects just 1 in a million children -- on March 4, 2010. He underwent more than a year of grueling radiation and chemo treatments that left him clear of disease. But in July 2011, scans showed the cancer had returned and he had 13 tumors in his bones. His condition worsened this May.

"Ever since he was diagnosed, he's never complained, he's always smiling and in all of the pictures he's giving a 'thumbs-up' sign," Claudia Wayne, Lane's aunt, told The Gleaner newspaper in Henderson, Ky. "He's touched a lot of people's hearts by making them think about how important family is and how important God is."

Despite the outpouring of support, which has included high school "thumbs up" rallies and candlelight vigils, Lane was moved this week to a hospice near his home after doctors delivered the devastating news that the cancer had spread to his brain and there was no more they could do for him.
If you google it, it will bring up all kinds of links and stories about him.
Good thoughts to his family. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids.
Thanks SK. Sad to hear.
It is truly amazing that some people can serve God in a short disease-ridden lifetime but many of us are as healthy as a horse and live much longer do considerably less.

If we can learn anything about servitude from Lane's story, may we learn to cherish our time and use it to serve the Lord with gladness.
R.I.P Lane...Thumbs up in heaven.
TheRealVille Wrote:Good thoughts to his family. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids.

Nor would I want to imagine such a circumstance!!

LWC.....I can't imagine your not hearing about Lane, but you've been moving, had a revival, etc. He was all over facebook, and listed picture after picture with famous people giving a "thumbs up".

I believe this kid received over 300K "likes" and "thumbs up".

Bless him and his family!!! He sure has fought hard over the last couple of years!!!
Prayers to the family. May God bless them.