Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln County 24, Southwestern 14
Final
Hate to hear this, does this eliminate them from the playoffs? That's what the paper said today.
This game was painful to watch. Warriors couldn't get anything going in the first half and managed to fumble the ball away on their own 4 yard line after intercepting a Lincoln pass. The third quarter was a little better and looked like Southwestern might get something rolling after tallying a couple scores. Bad field position, horrible play calling (how about a pass play on FIRST down) and multiple penalties that left us confused sealed the win for Lincoln County. Good luck Patriots. It's a loonnnggg ride to Harlan County. I wish we were going....
Tough loss for the Warriors tonight.
This pretty much sets up the district matchups IMO.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Hate to hear this, does this eliminate them from the playoffs? That's what the paper said today.

Yes. This dropped them to 1-3 in the district. Lincoln is now 2-2. Even if Southwestern upsets Pulaski the best they can do is tie Lincoln and the Patriots hold the head to head tiebreaker.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Yes. This dropped them to 1-3 in the district. Lincoln is now 2-2. Even if Southwestern upsets Pulaski the best they can do is tie Lincoln and the Patriots hold the head to head tiebreaker.

Yep, you're exactly right.
This may be the worst SW team ever. What happened there to turn a juggernaut into an also ran?
What happened?
1) Graduation is main reason
2)Starnes, Pedro and a couple of others deiding not to play
Lot of changes to the program. Just give the coaching staff some time and things will be alright.
I knew this would be a tough one for SW but, I was hoping to see them pull it out so that all the Somerset area schools would be in the playoffs again this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
GetChili Wrote:Lot of changes to the program. Just give the coaching staff some time and things will be alright.

I heard today that the start of the game was delayed about 20 minutes because Southwestern couldn't provide a chain crew. I also heard that resulted in 2 or 3 penalties on Southwestern before the game. Is this true?

If so I'd have to start to have serious doubts about this staff given the player defections, poor schemes, upsetting of the alumni and what sounds like poor preparation.
This was a very good game! That Childers boy can write articles like no other!