Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boys pre season 2012-2013
this is going to be another great season.

ranking.
1.belfry
2.mullins
3.johns creek
4.pikeville
5.elkhorn
Belfry will be tough. I would not consider them a shoe-in just by what they have in the way of potential!
1.Dorton they should be considered as the favorite.
2.Johns Creek
3.Belfry
4.Pikeville
5.Valley
6.Elkhorn
6.Mullins
7.Millard
8.Phelps
9.Feds Creek
9.Kimper
1. Johns Creek
2. Belfry
3. Dorton
4. Pikeville
5. Mullins
6. Millard
7. Valley
8. Elkhorn City
9. Phelps
10. Feds Creek
11. Kimper
Predictions...

Pike County North -

1. Belfry
2. Mullins
3. Johns Creek
4. Phelps
5. Kimper

Pike County South -

1. Dorton
2. Pikeville
3. Millard
4. Elkhorn City
5. Valley
6. Feds Creek

County Championship - Dorton defeats Pikeville

Floyd County -

1. Betsy Layne
2. Adams
3. Allen Central
4. Wesley
5. South Floyd
6. Stumbo
7. Allen

Floyd County - Betsy Layne defeats Adams

Region top 10 -

1. Johnson County
2. Paintsville
3. Dorton
4. Betsy Layne
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
7. Mullins
8. Johns Creek
9. Louisa
10. Millard
Valley will have the youngest team in the county so they are a year or 2 away. Its going to be a very competitive year in Pike County. Injuries have hurt a few teams such as the Thompson kid from Pikeville. Belfry returns a very good nucleus, Johns creek returns Conn and a few bigs, Mullins has a solid group returning but guard play is still a ???, Dorton has Wright back but lost Perkins for the season which hurts thier rebounding, Millard is a darkhorse....they are very athletic with a very good pg, Pikeville has good size and are quick but losing Thompson is going to be tough. Valley,Elkhorn,Feds Creek,Phelps and Kimper will have to fight every night to compete with other teams. I say Belfry is the frontrunner right now.
I think if the guards from Mullins, can play under control they will be very tough to beat, so a lot rides on the shoulders of eads, Harris, and Williams, if they can get the ball inside to Wallace they're doing their job, belfry will also be very tough, along with johns creek who returns Seth conn and Danny Adkins, also Lamont and dorton will be good, along with pikeville.
Belfry should be the first.
then johns creek,mullins,or pikeville.
dorton is top 5.
My rankings are..
1. Mullins or Belfry
2. Dorton
3. Johns Creek
4. Pikeville
5. Elkhorn City or Millard
I think belfry has a very good looking 8th grade team this year just saw the roster they are bigger this yr than last so I think they will surprise done people
Johnson County will be a great middle school team this year. They have to great guards and a smooth small forward and an athletic C/PF. They have good size and depth. They're point guard Blair, is one of the best players in the state.
Should be a great year of middle school basketball!! I can't wait!!
South Laurel should be good have 4players off the playmakers aau team.
Mullins has a couple of young kids who will help them at the guard spot. Also, they have a transfer at that position as well. That should help solidify the play at that position. I was not aware of the injuries that were mentioned in previous posts, I hate that for the kids and their teams. Hopefully they are able to make a full return. I still say Millard is a darkhorse, they gave a lot of teams fits last year and they were young from what I understand. Can't wait to get the season started and maybe get out and watch a few games, should be fun. It will be nice to only be a fan. :popcorn:
With everyone getting to play this year, they have the size speed and shooting skills needed to make a run at the state. Great coaching staff that wants to win and work with the high school to make sure all the players get to play and not have to pick high school or the middle school. They get to play both this year!!!!!!!!!
Herald Whitaker (Magoffin County) will be pretty good this year as well.