Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 54 Casey County 13
Final

Bell County 54

Casey County 13
Good showing by the Bell County backs tonight, why was the mercy rule put into effect at the start of the second half? Bell was only up 35-6 at half.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Good showing by the Bell County backs tonight, why was the mercy rule put into effect at the start of the second half? Bell was only up 35-6 at half.

not sure , i think it should have started once we got up 41- 6... yeah they went polly alot tonight and he had a good showing more of a power back
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:not sure , i think it should have started once we got up 41- 6... yeah they went polly alot tonight and he had a good showing more of a power back

Polly has always been a hard nosed tough runner who wont shy away from contact, I thought he should have been utilized much more last year, and maybe even more as a soph. That's strange though to start a running clock that early, I thought it was 50 point lead before it starts.
I wish they would have let Polly break the school's TD record for one game by one player.
Cats02 Wrote:I wish they would have let Polly break the school's TD record for one game by one player.

Why? I'm willing to bet the record was the last thing on anyone's mind during the game.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Why? I'm willing to bet the record was the last thing on anyone's mind during the game.

It would have been nice to see the kid get it
Cats02 Wrote:It would have been nice to see the kid get it

It would have been. If he's gonna do it though I'd rather see him get it without the coaches leaving him in to run up the score just for the simple fact of letting him get it.
we need to start blocking alot better. midway through the second Quarter we did block really well. looking forward to our game with clay county at the Hilton
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Polly has always been a hard nosed tough runner who wont shy away from contact, I thought he should have been utilized much more last year, and maybe even more as a soph. That's strange though to start a running clock that early, I thought it was 50 point lead before it starts.

I just talked to one of our coaches and the reason they ran the mercy rule starting the second half in a 35-6 lead was because both coaches agreed to it and the fog was really bad.
It was the fog bowl lol
this was the view from the stands