Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid-Season Report
Halfway through the season now, there have been some nice surprises and some disappointments. How's your team doing halfway through? Better than expected, worse, or basically what you were expecting.

Biggest Surprise: Simon Kenton
They were picked to finish last in the district, but they're 6-0. These are wins over Beechwood, Danville, NewCath, and Ryle so it's not like they beat up on a bunch of struggling schools.

Other Surprises:
Lloyd Memorial, Cooper, Bryan Station

What Happened to the Defending Small School State Champs?
Hazard and Covington Holy Cross have played brutal schedules, but the defending 1A state champs are barely 1-3 and the defending 2A state champs are 1-5 with losses to Lloyd and Oldham County.

Coolest Story: Morgan County
They are undefeated after dealing with the tornado that ripped through their town in March.

Team That Needs Help: Manual
They're off to a slow start at 2-3 and their next 4 games are against Butler, Trinity, St. Xavier, and Male
Ashland to me has been better thane expected. Especially on the line of scrimmage. Everyone else in the district has been about as expected. Except I think Boyd county will get the 3 seed this year.
A few mid-season questions

1. Can Frankfort get past Beechwood?
Frankfort just pounded Lexington Christian and have played great all season.

2. Can Russell County or Knox Central win their region? They're in the same region as LexCath and Boyle County

3. Will Somerset end the streak?
The defense looks nasty
Whitley is doing about as i expected.
IMO, we didnt show up for the Russell County game. We were also a couple of players short than we are now. I still believe Russell County would have won, but it should have been a much closer score.
We should have beat Bell. Bad play calling led to our doom there.
As for the 3 wins, that matches our win total from last year, and i predicted a 5-5 season, or 6-4 with this schedule.
However, if we can get past Somerset this week, I think we are favorites against Letcher and Perry, and that only leaves Harlan County and Boyle County who both seem to be struggling at this point, or let me rephrase by saying, not as good as last year.

All the games on the schedule left ARE winnable, Whitley just has to do it.
how is bell doing this year
^ 4-1, other than the Middlesboro game, each game has been competitive and somewhat close.