Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg '01 vs Breathitt Co. '02
Very nice matchup against two teams with similar styles.
I give the slight edge to Breathitt Co. because Haddix was such a stud @ QB and because I feel like Breathitt Co. '02 was a more physical team than Prestonsburg.What say the rest of you?
Prestonsburg '01
Breathitt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this game is a better matchup for both teams than either playing Belfry because the styles are so similar. The athletes in this game would be mind-blowing. I don't see either defense doing a whole lot in this game as each team would score every time they touched it and would probabley score at will. In the end I will give the nod to Holecomb and Company mainly because I think he is as good of an offensice mind as there is in the state and would out coach Derosset down the streatch. Gonna say a very high scoring game with the final being 42-41.

I know I am beating this dog to death, and it is not meant to be a cheap shot at P'burg or Derosset, but I just don't think he gets the job done late in the game against equal talent. That is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.
I'm not familiar with the '02 Breathitt team, so i cannot make a prediction.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I know I am beating this dog to death, and it is not meant to be a cheap shot at P'burg or Derosset, but I just don't think he gets the job done late in the game against equal talent. That is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I think you're right, it's happened the past few years with Belfry and Prestonsburg. Prestonsburg leads most of the game, and finds a way to lose.
blackcat Wrote:I think you're right, it's happened the past few years with Belfry and Prestonsburg. Prestonsburg leads most of the game, and finds a way to lose.
Alot of that has reason to do with the dpth. Especialy in 04 Pburg was more skilled at alot of positions than Belfry but they were so thin and Belfry would sub the lines out and just pound and pound and it will wear a team down, epsecialy when tackling Dave and Doug. But I dont got much for Pburgs coach but thats anotehr story

As far as the game Hadix was as good as quarterback as I have seen in Eastern Ky and thats including Couch. Couch might have been a little bit better but Haddix amazed me and that would be the difference I think.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Alot of that has reason to do with the dpth. Especialy in 04 Pburg was more skilled at alot of positions than Belfry but they were so thin and Belfry would sub the lines out and just pound and pound and it will wear a team down, epsecialy when tackling Dave and Doug. But I dont got much for Pburgs coach but thats anotehr story

As far as the game Hadix was as good as quarterback as I have seen in Eastern Ky and thats including Couch. Couch might have been a little bit better but Haddix amazed me and that would be the difference I think.

Haddix was a good QB, but Tim Couch is possibly the best high school football player ever. Steve Spurerior said he was the best QB he had ever seen in high school. Bobby Bowden said he had never laid eyes on a better football player in high school. That coming from one coach that made a living having great QB's and the all time winningest coach. Haddix was good but he didn't even come close to winning Mr. Football (Micheal Bush got all but 4 first place votes) so he wasn't even the best player in the state THAT year. No way you can compare him to Couch. Couch is far better than Haddix ever thought of being.