Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- Southern KY

This is Week 2 of the inaugural Bluegrass Rivals Regional Power Rankings!

We will rank the Top 5 in each region of the stat, based on a "pound for pound" basis. We will take into account Strength of Schedule, margin of victory/defeat, magnitude of games, and come to a conclusion.

Rankings are meant for discussion, and your feedback is what we want to hear whether you agree or not. Make your case for your team!

1. Russell County- At this point, the only thing standing between the Lakers and 10-0 is a date with Knox Central in Week 9.

2. Somerset- Jumpers secure their ranking with an impressive win over a gritty Glasgow team.

3. Monroe County- Falcons roll on crushing Hart County, a district title and a 9-1 record seem imminent.

4. Whitley County- Colonels seem to be peaking and a major jump is possible when they meet Somerset in two weeks.

5. Wayne County- Cards were a couple turnovers away from potentially shocking the world. Big match-up this week.

Teams on the Rise:

Pulaski County- Don't look now, but the Maroons have won two straight including a quality win over Lincoln County and their 2 losses are to undefeated teams.

Williamsburg- Clearly the best 1A school in the region, the Jackets rebound from a quality out of state loss to crush Allen Central.

Teams Falling:
Glasgow- It's mis-leading to put the Scotties here as they are still a very good team, but this distinction is more about how they went from an undefeated 2A Title Contender to a 4-2 face in the crowd after being outscored 48-0 against their first real tests of the season.

Game to Watch:
Wayne County @ Corbin- Huge stakes on the line as Wayne looks to make a statement while Corbin looks to prove they are truly better than their 2-3 record indicates.
It will be interesting to see how Wayne County bounces back from the Bell Co. loss.
I think before the season ends, you'll find all 3 Whitly schools in there.

And BTW, the Somerset/Whitley game is this friday.
Said it from game 1 when Whitley lost to Russell County that they would surprise a lot of people. I liked what I saw of that team on that day and like how they have played since that day. Barring injuries I would not want to play this team!
Pulaski @ North Laurel should be a heck of a game. I look for North to win this one at home. The two losses this season are to the #1 and #5 teams in your BGR regional standings in Southern KY. They have been improving every game and I look for this to continue this week. North Laurel 35 Pulaski 21. North is truly on the RISE!!!

PS Game Thursday due to "World Chicken Festival", eat more chicken!
Thanks EKU, this is very nicely put together. You efforts are appreciated.