Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co 36 Lee Co Va 6
Larkey pulled the starters midway through the 2nd quarter. 36-0 at the half. He is a classey coach. Could have beat them 100-0.
This game could of got really ugly. I hope Cole Wilson is ok. We will need him next week against a very good Knox Central team.
I would have beat them 100-0, broke records and raised my hands on the way out.
Thats how teams use to do it and it has nothing to do with class or running up the score.
If your on the losing end, get better or quit football.

Congrats HC on another win. District time is approaching us.
I really think our district will be tougher than most thinks.....a very good Whitley team and a Perrry team that can score.
Think Harlan County is hoping to keep Lee on the schedule. That could have been part of the reason for pulling the starters midway through the second. Also, RIUTG it's crazy that the regular season is almost halfway over.
bear claw Wrote:I really think our district will be tougher than most thinks.....a very good Whitley team and a Perrry team that can score.

Don't forget the cougars they will be playing better by district play
You are correct and I am sorry I didn't mention Letcher....always a tough place to play. Please forgive me.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would have beat them 100-0, broke records and raised my hands on the way out.
Thats how teams use to do it and it has nothing to do with class or running up the score.
If your on the losing end, get better or quit football.

Congrats HC on another win. District time is approaching us.
That is a stupid statement. The only record that matters is the final record for the season. If I have a "stud" team and it looks like I can make a run deep in the playoffs,I DON'T RISK INJURY. Padding stats and running up the score on under-manned teams is as useless as "tits on a boar hog".
I am really concerned with our pass defense and pressure on the QB.
big orange T Wrote:That is a stupid statement. The only record that matters is the final record for the season. If I have a "stud" team and it looks like I can make a run deep in the playoffs,I DON'T RISK INJURY. Padding stats and running up the score on under-manned teams is as useless as "tits on a boar hog".

So the coach from Pburg tonight should have took his QB out instead of having his name in teh record books for most passing yards in a game?

Get better or quit football. Its as simple as that. Injuries will happen anyways, nobody from around here is the 89 Permian Panthers with Booby Miles on there team.
If i had a player that could break a state record, im going to let him do it.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Think Harlan County is hoping to keep Lee on the schedule. That could have been part of the reason for pulling the starters midway through the second. Also, RIUTG it's crazy that the regular season is almost halfway over.

It is crazy. This year is flying by.
2 more weeks and were into district play.
I know....can't believe how fast this season is going....I wish it would slow down so I can enjoy it more.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So the coach from Pburg tonight should have took his QB out instead of having his name in teh record books for most passing yards in a game?

Get better or quit football. Its as simple as that. Injuries will happen anyways, nobody from around here is the 89 Permian Panthers with Booby Miles on there team.
If i had a player that could break a state record, im going to let him do it.
P-burg had the game under control, they had the lead at half and only gave up 14 points in the 2nd half. Record book-yes State Title-no So which is more important,make "Johnny" and his Daddy happy or bringing home hardware that really matters.
Harlan Co. only has 3 teams left that can challenge them Knox Central, Whitley Co., and Bell Co. I also believe Harlan Co. and Whitley Co. are the two best teams in the region. I can not see any other team in the region playing within 2 or 3 scores of Harlan Co. or Whitley Co. Good Luck to both teams.
9/14/2012
Harlan Co. 36 Lee (Va.) 6
Harlan Co. 24 12 0 0 36
Lee (Va.) 0 0 0 6 6
Scoring summary:
HC--Tucker Lewis 9 run (Cole Wilson kick); HC--Jake Middleton 92 run (Wilson Kick); HC--Middleton 41 run (Wilson kick); HC--Wilson 32 field goal); HC--Middleton 13 run (kick failed); HC--Bobby Huss 4 run (kick failed); Lee--Raymond Avery 2 pass from Houston Sage (n/a).
Records: Harlan Co. 3-1, Lee (Va.) 1-3

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Congratulations, Black Bears!
Well, I can see both sides to the argument of pulling your starters. However, being OLD and with changing priorities coming with age, I really hate to see a team be clobbered. I appreciate Lee County and their efforts! They never stopped trying.

I saw Cole after the game. The injury appeared to be a re-injury, and I think he's going to be fine come next week. Good Lord..that field goal!! I know it was only about a 23 yarder...I think, BUT he had so much left!! I believe that would've been good from the 45!! I truely do!!

I hope we keep Lee Co on the schedule. The game wasn't as competetive as I would have liked, but it's a game and it's relatively close.

Also, I appreciated the teams meeting at mid-field for prayer.

So bottom line, congratulations to Lee County for their effort.

Congratulations to the HC Bears for a great win!!

Go Black Bears!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I can see both sides to the argument of pulling your starters. However, being OLD and with changing priorities coming with age, I really hate to see a team be clobbered. I appreciate Lee County and their efforts! They never stopped trying.

I saw Cole after the game. The injury appeared to be a re-injury, and I think he's going to be fine come next week. Good Lord..that field goal!! I know it was only about a 23 yarder...I think, BUT he had so much left!! I believe that would've been good from the 45!! I truely do!!

I hope we keep Lee Co on the schedule. The game wasn't as competetive as I would have liked, but it's a game and it's relatively close.

Also, I appreciated the teams meeting at mid-field for prayer.

So bottom line, congratulations to Lee County for their effort.

Congratulations to the HC Bears for a great win!!

Go Black Bears!!!

:Thumbs:
I know this probably isn't related to the game, but I forgot to mention Lee Co's band.

They are always entertaining, and great performers!!
big orange T Wrote:P-burg had the game under control, they had the lead at half and only gave up 14 points in the 2nd half. Record book-yes State Title-no So which is more important,make "Johnny" and his Daddy happy or bringing home hardware that really matters.

Considering Pbrg doesnt have a shot at a state title, i believe there not worried about it. The kid now owns state record, the onl thing wrong is they fell short on breaking the points record.
FIRST Wrote:Harlan Co. only has 3 teams left that can challenge them Knox Central, Whitley Co., and Bell Co. I also believe Harlan Co. and Whitley Co. are the two best teams in the region. I can not see any other team in the region playing within 2 or 3 scores of Harlan Co. or Whitley Co. Good Luck to both teams.

I hope your right...