Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 41 Madison Central 23
Final

Lexington Catholic 41

Madison Central 23
this was a very close game, Madison Central had a 10 point lead 17-7 in the second quarter, halftime score was lex catholic up 21-17. Lexington catholic would keep lead and finally pull away in the 4th
replay of the game can be seen here at this link http://cache.ihigh.com/lexingtoncatholic...verlight=1
I thought Lex Cath had a chance to get past Highlands, but after watching them play the last two weeks I have changed my mind. Highlands is much better than Cath. I know a lot of people do not like to compare teams, but Madison got smoked by Scott Co, Highlands destroyed Scott Co and Lex Cath had troubles with Madison. If HHS beats Cov Cath next week, the title is in the bag.
9/14/2012
Lexington Catholic 41 Madison Central 23
Madison Central 10 7 0 6 23
Lexington Catholic 7 14 7 13 41
Scoring summary:
MC--Dominique Hawkins 13 run (Ben Durham kick); MC--Durham 24 field goal; LC--Sam Letton 16 pass from Kyle Bolin (Anthony Kersey kick); MC--Hunter Stocker 2 run (Durham kick); LC--Amoh Kumengisa 38 pass from Bolin (Kersey kick); LC--David Bouvier 11 pass from Bolin (Kersey kick); LC--Letton 7 pass from Bolin (Kersey kick); MC--Caleb McClurg 5 pass from Stocker (run failed); LC--Kumengisa 2 run (pass failed); LC--Noah Mitchell 42 run (Kersey kick).
Records: Lexington Catholic 4-1, Madison Central 2-2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
sstack Wrote:I thought Lex Cath had a chance to get past Highlands, but after watching them play the last two weeks I have changed my mind. Highlands is much better than Cath. I know a lot of people do not like to compare teams, but Madison got smoked by Scott Co, Highlands destroyed Scott Co and Lex Cath had troubles with Madison. If HHS beats Cov Cath next week, the title is in the bag.

They do have a chance. Good gracious they made the adjustment while down, and ended up putting up 40+ point on them. You can't have Madison Central/ Scott Co and FTH game be the land mark for them not able to compete with Highlands. With their schedule, they are battle tested with powerhouse Bell Co, Ensworth TN, 6A contenters in Lafayette, Louisville Male and Madison Central. They have returning impact, experience players and like I said battle tested. Not saying will or will not beat FTH, but just like last year, they will compete.
Just some thoughts:
1) Madison Central was missing 3 starters offensively for their game v. Scott Co.
2) Lexington Catholic was missing 2 starters defensively for game v. Mad. Central.
3) Turnovers. Sure, turnovers are the mark of an undisciplined football team, but with Letton and staff I'm sure that will be corrected directly.
lex cath shouldve won by more
sstack Wrote:I thought Lex Cath had a chance to get past Highlands, but after watching them play the last two weeks I have changed my mind. Highlands is much better than Cath. I know a lot of people do not like to compare teams, but Madison got smoked by Scott Co, Highlands destroyed Scott Co and Lex Cath had troubles with Madison. If HHS beats Cov Cath next week, the title is in the bag.

I respect everyone's response to the outcome of this game, but I think a few of them are almost laughable. I think the 18 point victory was smaller than most expected, but even if they won by 38 there would still be doubters on a potential Cov Cath or Highlands matchup. Its almost the same as saying "the way Highlands looked in the first half against Boyle they have no shot at winning it all this year". We all know it was one bad half, Highlands has grown as a football team, and look to be getting better. You can not find one team in the state that hasn't had one bad half of football. LC was down 10 in the first 5 min due to miscues, then finished the game 41-13. The best part about this is I hope that these teams get to settle things on the field....