Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't there a Belfry Football Webpage??
I just went on Prestonsburg Football website and it is fantastic. Why doesn't Belfry, the 2 time, 2A State Football Champions, have one? I know that someone tried to start one a couple of years ago but it floundered. Does anyone know why there isn't one?
Well, PP I wondered the same thing....

I decided to start one a few months ago. The only problem is that I need photos, stats and history of past teams and updates photos & stats from future games in order to get it setup. I have no problem with hosting or designing one as I have a "good friend" of mine that will be assisting me with that.

I wanted it to be setup similar to Prestonsburgs, Phillip does a great job with theirs. I want to include a "History of Belfry Football" section along with photos and stats from the state runner up teams in the late 70's and mid 80's, along with the championship teams of 03 & 04. It's hard to get those kind of photos and information and also equally as difficult to update the site with current year information and photos since I live so far away.

It's still something I am very interested in and would like to see become a reality because I think our historic and tradition rich program deserves this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, PP I wondered the same thing....

I decided to start one a few months ago. The only problem is that I need photos, stats and history of past teams and updates photos & stats from future games in order to get it setup. I have no problem with hosting or designing one as I have a "good friend" of mine that will be assisting me with that.

I wanted it to be setup similar to Prestonsburgs, Mike does a great job with theirs. I want to include a "History of Belfry Football" section along with photos and stats from the state runner up teams in the late 70's and mid 80's, along with the championship teams of 03 & 04. It's hard to get those kind of photos and information and also equally as difficult to update the site with current year information and photos since I live so far away.

It's still something I am very interested in and would like to see become a reality because I think our historic and tradition rich program deserves this.

Me too BP. Maybe if we all try to work together to get some of these things for you, it can become a reality!

Would it have to be cleared through the administration or anything?
I would love to see one like Ironton has. It has so much information in it. I will have to check out the blackcats and see what they have.
Pirate Pal Wrote:Me too BP. Maybe if we all try to work together to get some of these things for you, it can become a reality!

Would it have to be cleared through the administration or anything?

That would be sweet !!!!

As far as the Belfry Administration goes, I don't see Rod having a problem with it. It will not be an "Official" school website....Mostly a fan site dedicated to the football program. I would love for Belfry to be affiliated with the site though, I am sure they will be more than happy to help out anyway they can....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I thought Phillip Whitt does Prestonsburg site.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, PP I wondered the same thing....

I wanted it to be setup similar to Prestonsburgs, Mike does a great job with theirs. I want to include a "History of Belfry Football" section along with photos and stats from the state runner up teams in the late 70's and mid 80's, along with the championship teams of 03 & 04. It's hard to get those kind of photos and information and also equally as difficult to update the site with current year information and photos since I live so far away.

I have some 03 and 04 photos of Belfry vs Prestonsburg varsity, JV and Freshman.....I would just have to dig them out. They were done with a digital camera. So they are good pics.
Belfry needs and athletics page as well as one dedicated to football too, IMHO.
JD If U Please Wrote:Belfry needs and athletics page as well as one dedicated to football too, IMHO.
I agree 100%.
JD If U Please Wrote:Belfry needs and athletics page as well as one dedicated to football too, IMHO.

Definitely!! I would love that!!

I think the school needs to step up to the plate and make an official website both for academics as well as athletics. There are tons of kids that are computer savvy and would be great at doing this. One of the classes at the school ran a website a few years ago, but was shutdown when the web site creator graduated high school.

Like I stated, my site would not be affiliated with the school, mostly just a fan site where you could re-live the tradition of Belfry Football as well as be kept up to date with present schedules, records, stats and pics from each game. I would like to add a Belfry Football merchandise store eventually selling T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc.

I would also link the site with BluegrassRivals.com and offer our BGR merchandise in there as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think thats a good idea BP !
There are a lot of teams that don't have sites.
Can't wait to see one started!
BurntTires Wrote:I thought Phillip Whitt does Prestonsburg site.
He does with some of the photos taken by Paula Goble.
Russell has a really nice one as well: http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/RHSfootball
Russell has a nice page.