Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 41 - Shelby Valley 28
Final from Robinson Creek.

Mac Justice had a pretty nice game for PC, not sure about stats but I know he had 3 or possibly more TD's.

Shelby Valley got down early, but they never gave up and had the Hawks reeling for a bit in the 2nd half. Ultimately PC would put up a late score that really put the game out of reach.

One thing that was a big time negative for PC....was penalties, boy there were a many penalties and they really need to improve on fixing that problem.
Proud of the Wildcats, they played Pike Central tough , very easily could have won this one if they did a few things different
Have to agree shelbyvalley02.valley really stepped there D up in the second half....just couldn't get enough offence to pull out the win.....
Worst officiated game I've ever been a part of. The refs were practically trying to put them in the end zone. I'm pretty sure we probably broke a record for most flags in a game.
PCHS76 Wrote:Worst officiated game I've ever been a part of. The refs were practically trying to put them in the end zone. I'm pretty sure we probably broke a record for most flags in a game.

With all do respect there was bad calls both ways, Valley just came up alittle short. Don't whine because PC isn't as good as the thought they were. Valley got beat they weren't the better team last night , bout I'm proud of those Wildcats
To say that game was well officiated is a long long stretch. To insinuate that SV played within 13 points of PC without the offiating is an even further stretch. Such a shame that SV has opted out of future games and refuses to play the Hawks anymore. Coach Stepp really raising the bar for SV huh?
Why is it people always have to make excuses.Central definitely played a better game then the wildcats and the best team that night won....But why do you have to take away the positive things that the wildcats did on the field and say the refs were the cause of it?I was at the game....and they were bad calls both ways...Like before halftime on 4th down when Wes pugh made the great catch,AWSOME CATCH! but he was out of bounds..that was a big game changer,so if the right call is made on this play with time still on the clock before halftime,who knows what would have happened....But either way they were bad calls made both ways....So we will live with the loss and practice this week and continue working hard getting better every week....WHY WE DO THAT YOU BETTER START MAKING ALOT OF EXCUSES BECAUSE WHEN BELFRY GETS HOLD OF YOU I SURE WANT TO HERE EM THEN!!!!!!!!!
Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!
I'm not whining I was at the game and The officiating is the only reason Shelby valley hung in towards the end. The game wouldn't have even been close if it wasn't for the refs. We had 2-3 touchdowns called back because of penalties and the only reason they scored tw last time was because the refs practically put them on the goal line when they were way back in there own territory to begin with. And valley probably only had 2-3 penalties the whole game. And Wes Pugh was in bounds on that catch Its plain as day on the film
Salimander Wrote:To say that game was well officiated is a long long stretch. To insinuate that SV played within 13 points of PC without the offiating is an even further stretch. Such a shame that SV has opted out of future games and refuses to play the Hawks anymore. Coach Stepp really raising the bar for SV huh?

Pike Central will be the Wildcats opponents in the Pike County Bowl next year. There is a possibility that SV won't participate in the PCB because it is more lucritive to host their own bowl game, but if that was to take place PCC would be scheduled in the regular season...and Coach Stepp is doing a fine job.