7. Scott County
8. Madison Central
9. Simon Kenton
10.Henderson County
Glad to see Bell Co at #2 ahead of Belfry. Wink
^
A big loss will do that to a team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Glad to see Bell Co at #2 ahead of Belfry. Wink

With Bell's schedule remaining there is a very good chance they remain there until the post-season. The flip side of that statement is, with Bell's schedule remaining there is very little chance they will have enough merit to ever jump Central as well.

I think at this point, unless something catastrophic happens, you will see 1-3 pretty much stay locked in place until November comes. Bell and Breathitt should be a 2TD favorite in all their remaining games, and even if Central loses a handful of non-district games, their considerably harder SoS will make them nearly impossible to supplant from #1.

The only potential change I see would be if Belfry can go undefeated the rest of the way and defeat a Top 5 4A Ashland team and have a statement kind of win vs. Johnson Central. I think that would give enough merit to maybe jump Breathitt, but I am not sure if any mountain team could beat Ashland at Putnam Stadium this year so I don't see this happening.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With Bell's schedule remaining there is a very good chance they remain there until the post-season. The flip side of that statement is, with Bell's schedule remaining there is very little chance they will have enough merit to ever jump Central as well.

I think at this point, unless something catastrophic happens, you will see 1-3 pretty much stay locked in place until November comes. Bell and Breathitt should be a 2TD favorite in all their remaining games, and even if Central loses a handful of non-district games, their considerably harder SoS will make them nearly impossible to supplant from #1.

The only potential change I see would be if Belfry can go undefeated the rest of the way and defeat a Top 5 4A Ashland team and have a statement kind of win vs. Johnson Central. I think that would give enough merit to maybe jump Breathitt, but I am not sure if any mountain team could beat Ashland at Putnam Stadium this year so I don't see this happening.

Gotta be about two TDs better to have a shot at Putnam.
Holy Cross is too low in 2A. They just lost to 2 teams that have a very, very good shot to be facing BG in the 5A Finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With Bell's schedule remaining there is a very good chance they remain there until the post-season. The flip side of that statement is, with Bell's schedule remaining there is very little chance they will have enough merit to ever jump Central as well.

Bell Co still gets to play 3A #9 Wayne Co and 5A #7 Harlan Co. :Thumbs: You never know anybody can have a bad night. :Sad04:
30 going on 40 Wrote:Holy Cross is too low in 2A. They just lost to 2 teams that have a very, very good shot to be facing BG in the 5A Finals.

I agree that they lost to two very good teams, but they didn't just lose, they where destroyed in both games.

HC is certainly a top 10 team, but after two losses like that, it just wasn't very deserving to keep them ahead of a lot of good teams that have beaten some good competition. If HC plays Cooper & Conner within at least 30 points, then I probably would've ranked them around 6 or 7.
Owensboro Catholic is rated way to high in 2A, and Danville to low, IF and that's a big if Boyle is 5 in 4A. I agree HC is rated to low in 2A. I'm not sure Boyle is 5 in 4A.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree that they lost to two very good teams, but they didn't just lose, they where destroyed in both games.

HC is certainly a top 10 team, but after two losses like that, it just wasn't very deserving to keep them ahead of a lot of good teams that have beaten some good competition. If HC plays Cooper & Conner within at least 30 points, then I probably would've ranked them around 6 or 7.

Holy Cross will be back in the top 5 soon. Same situation as last year but the compatition is a little different in their game. They will start their run this week.

After Central, it seems 3A could be really close.
bump
I would put Mayfield at #1 is 1A. So far they have looked to be very very good but we will learn more about H this week and Mayfield over the next 2 weeks