Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK athletics to cut ties with coal?
^ love the logic lmao :lame:
^ It's easy to love something when you don't have it.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ It's easy to love something when you don't have it.

explain this please
^ You just proved my point.
i asked you to explain something that makes absolutely not a lick of sense and you are saying i don't have any logic..lay off the jack and coke lol
It was announced in Saturday's UK vs Kent State football game, the percentage of coal generated electricity that was used on campus. My husband was there, but he couldn't remember the exact stat....but knew it was somewhere in the high 90s.

The announcer also recognized all the coal miners that were in attendance.
If we don't get some change in the leadership of this country (i.e., a new president), eastern KY is going to turn into a series of ghost towns.

Once the coal industry dries up, a large number of people who actually want to work for a living will have to move away. Then, all the jobs that depend on the local population to survive, such as health care and retail stores, will slowly wither away as well. Next to go will be the school system jobs, as the number of local kids drops even lower.

Eventually, all that will be left in this area are those people that are too lazy to get off their butt to work, and those that don't have to earn a living because they can live on their mommy and daddy's "old" money.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:If we don't get some change in the leadership of this country (i.e., a new president), eastern KY is going to turn into a series of ghost towns.

Once the coal industry dries up, a large number of people who actually want to work for a living will have to move away. Then, all the jobs that depend on the local population to survive, such as health care and retail stores, will slowly wither away as well. Next to go will be the school system jobs, as the number of local kids drops even lower.

Eventually, all that will be left in this area are those people that are too lazy to get off their butt to work, and those that don't have to earn a living because they can live on their mommy and daddy's "old" money.

^Very good post. The truth is like a breath of fresh air compared to all the propaganda coming out of the DNC "Ministry of Truth." The resident liberals on here say everything is just fine, conservatives are ignorant alarmists, and we are, like the 'Katzenjammer Kids' say, "efry day in efry vay, ve iss getting better und better." LOL

If Obama is reelected, Kentucky will be sort of 'flushed' into the backwaters of history. Commerce will be practically non-existent. I know Lexington's, is a serviced based economy, and I'd bet Louisville's is too. When Obama succeeds in shutting down the coal industry and the remaining coal fired industries such as the Big Sandy Plant in Louisa, the familiar stigma of poor Appalachia will become the new reality here. I wonder if the liberals will get tired of celebrating their green agenda victories by dancing in the streets, when their electric bill is more than their pay check?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IF the Athletic Department cuts ties with coal i would be very surprised. I would tell this group to shove it up there ass and have them arrested for trespassing.
If UK cuts ties with coal it will not make one iota difference. They can easily turn their powerhouse into a gas unit, and in the long run, a few fans leaving will make no difference.
TheRealVille;1494576[B Wrote:]If UK cuts ties with coal it will not make one iota difference.[/B] They can easily turn their powerhouse into a gas unit, and in the long run, a few fans leaving will make no difference.

What? That's like saying making gambling in Nevada illegal, wouldn't hurt Vegas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]