Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Harlan Ind. 8/17
Panthers "Open a can of whoop A$$" and win by 21
If rain: Harlan 17 Pikeville 7
No rain: Harlan 28 Pikeville 14
I'm gathering from the predictions that not many believe Pikeville can score points this year?
Harlan is getting a ton of respect for beating Middlesboro (4-7), Pineville (4-7) Berea (4-7), Jenkins (1-10) and Lynn Camp (0-10) last year. They did beat Williamsburg (9-4) in week 2 but Williamsburg crushed them in the playoffs 38-6. Lost their best receiver off of that team as well. Pikeville has lots of talent and for most of the people to think Harlan will win this game easily makes no sense.
Live Maroon Wrote:I'm gathering from the predictions that not many believe Pikeville can score points this year?

I do. Not sure if they have a kicker as sure as VanHoose (sp?).

H 24 P 23 (maybe OT)
Pikeville is still Pikeville and Harlan has only 2 wins in the last 20 years or so against the Panthers, I am of the belief that Harlans big Senior class wants to make a statement with this years tough schedule. So Dragons look sharpe in the opener an expose the youth of the Panthers 2012 squad.
JP - I hear your frustration with unreasonable posts/predictions. Will be a TD either way, I think. Last year's Harlan team also played well in most of their losses (not counting the playoff meltdown against W'burg) against pretty good teams. 14-21 at regional champ Pikeville (tied with 2 minutes to go), 6-12 at district champ Leslie (tied with 4 minutes to go), 13-38 v. state champ Hazard (13-21 with ball in mid-3rd) and 14-28 v. Corbin (14-21 with three minutes to go). Coulda/shoulda/woulda, and close means nothing, but a decent team overall with most returning, so hopes are high. Add in homefield, a decent grid showing against Bell, and Maynard's graduation (new QB in first start), and I could see picking Harlan.

Still, Pikeville tradition, confidence and run (Chase Hall) game balances all of that, so will be a great game.
I understand giving Harlan the "edge" due to senior-led team playing at home and Pikeville being so young. But Pikeville still has Chase Hall, Cody Estep, Jacob Burke, Austin Black, etc. I'm not saying Harlan won't win this game, but I don't understand the lopsided score predictions. But hey, maybe I'm crazy.
Tobin Frost Wrote:I do. Not sure if they have a kicker as sure as VanHoose (sp?).

H 24 P 23 (maybe OT)

I think you may be a little closer in your prediction than anyone,imo. Pikeville's got a good kicker (he's no Vanhoose), however he's coming along nicely.
Live Maroon Wrote:I understand giving Harlan the "edge" due to senior-led team playing at home and Pikeville being so young. But Pikeville still has Chase Hall, Cody Estep, Jacob Burke, Austin Black, etc. I'm not saying Harlan won't win this game, but I don't understand the lopsided score predictions. But hey, maybe I'm crazy.

I'm with ya there...IMO there are MAYBE 3-4 1A teams who will be able to beat Pikeville going away at the start of the season, I don't see Harlan being one of them.

As I said, I think this is a tall task for a Pikeville team who has some big holes to fill, on the road, against a very experienced team who only lost by a TD last season... but I can't see Harlan beating them as bad as some of these predictions.
On a side note for Harlan:

Someone, for the love of God, submit a better logo to the KHSAA then the one they have up on your team page. This isn't Nick Jr people.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb12/37447
Dude that's Petie the fire breathing Dragon lol
Pikeville is still Pikeville, but the Harlan kids are to young to remember those great 80's and 90's teams. Hazard has been the new Pikeville in recent years for Class A football in the mountains. Harlan will win this game, but I believe Pikeville is just a few years away from being great once again.
Good point, Mountain. But the "great days" for Pikeville might be sooner than you think.
Live Maroon Wrote:Good point, Mountain. But the "great days" for Pikeville might be sooner than you think.

Agreed. Imo,the "great days" are knocking at the door right now. These young anthers have a lot of talent to offer.
Harlan 27 Pikeville 24. Upset, Pikeville ddnt look good against Perry and Perry looked as bad.
Harlan wins 36-20. Pikeville more than likely will start the season 0-6 this year. Take a look at their schedule and see if you disagree and if so please explain. If they lose this first game against Harlan like I predict, then they won't get there first W of the season until they play on OCT 5th against South Floyd. You heard it here first for the sportsguru4u.
I'm looking for a hard played game by both teams and no injuries for either team. May the best team win. Goodluck to the Dragon's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If all goes as planned, game will broadcasted live on PikeTV Online:

https://new.livestream.com/piketvlive/phs

If there is no good internet connection, the game can be heard on the oldies radio network at http://www.ekbsports.com

Go Panthers! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
dragons are a good looking team. If they run a balance off. and dont get pass happy then harlan should be ok