Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central vs Pikeville Scrimmage
Didnt know they was scrimmaging until late last night. Didnt catch much from either team but what little a did see from this game i shall tell.

PCC will be fine got some decent recievers and pray has a good arm and the running game should be very solid. Defense for PCC should be very good at getting pressure on the QB and stopping the run. The Pass Defense may need a little work and they have a lot of youth on this time so the veterans are going to have to step it up.

Pikeville Didnt get to see too much but the QB moved in the pocket and did hit his recievers down field which will help a sight. Im sure the running game will be decent as well. Moving a new Qb in the pocket will help his confidence big time especially if his targets catch the ball. I dont expect him to be a running threat like Maynard but he may have too tuck it and run a few times. Pikeville will get better as the season comes along and i wouldnt be surprised to see them making it as far as they did last year.
Austin Pray done a nice job at QB I thought in his debut. Robinson had some nice runs. I'd like to see Beatty get the ball more maybe in the backfield some. Thought McClain and Devon Brewer looked very much improved with the added size and strength. The big question is, how will the O-line do against a team with some big fast dlinemen and LB's? Pikeville was very small up front. Lucky to have two guys over 200 pounds. But Pikeville looked pretty good considering the players they lost. It was a nice scrimmage.
What was the final score in the game? Last I heard, Pikeville was winning and their D had been stopping PCC fairly well. I know for a fact they have more than 2 linemen over 200, so I'm just guessing that's a little hyperbole on your part, Warmachine. :-)
PHSForever Wrote:What was the final score in the game? Last I heard, Pikeville was winning and their D had been stopping PCC fairly well. I know for a fact they have more than 2 linemen over 200, so I'm just guessing that's a little hyperbole on your part, Warmachine. :-)
Morrison DNP, Gutierrez DNP, Wyatt Branham DNP so there is about 800 lbs that did not get any action. The two biggest OL swapped in and out of the same spot in Webb and Roop, both Freshmen. Keene is also a pretty big guy. The interior as of now it fairly small, but could change once eligibility (as far as being able to play in games) is reached and nagging injuries have healed. DL is also being played around with due to the absences. The defense will plug in different parts and see what works best. By the playoffs, this team will be fine, IMO.
who won in this one
Final on the scoreboard was PCC 24 and Pikeville 20.
bac2369 Wrote:Final on the scoreboard was PCC 24 and Pikeville 20.

Well, FWIW, they didn't count one of PCC's touchdown's early when Kegan Robinson scored. Also, I think both teams subbed a lot of JV in late, I know when I left I counted at least 5 freshmen on the field for PCC.
bac2369 Wrote:Final on the scoreboard was PCC 24 and Pikeville 20.

Not that it matters but you have it backwards. It had PHS 24 PCC 20.

I have no clue how the scoring took place. Both Varsity teams scored 3 TDs. Pikeville JV scored once against PCC JV. PHS had one turnover. PCC did punch in a short run after a TD but that was kind of out of format. Either way it was fairly even overall.
Every stat in a scrimmage is important...

except for one...

the final score lol
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not that it matters but you have it backwards. It had PHS 24 PCC 20.

I have no clue how the scoring took place. Both Varsity teams scored 3 TDs. Pikeville JV scored once against PCC JV. PHS had one turnover. PCC did punch in a short run after a TD but that was kind of out of format. Either way it was fairly even overall.

All i know was PCC punched a td in which chaged the score board from 18 to 24 and Pikeville stayed at 20. Plus I also assummed that the home team was on the left side of the scoreboard and not the right.
for whats it worth. Neither team showed a whole lot prestonsburg was scouting Perry and Haddix didnt show a lot.But from what ive seen both Pikeville and Perry needs to show improvement on both sides of the ball.
Who played QB for Pikeville?
jetpilot Wrote:Who played QB for Pikeville?
Austin "Squeak" Charles.

He will be referred to as Squeak a lot, so be ready for that lol.
I've not seen to many scoreboards where the home team is on the right.
Remember Perry Central is a BASKETBALL school. They were probably thinking about something to do for the basketball team when they put up the scoreboard.
Panther Thunder Wrote:[Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/yi63m.jpg]

Someone took a picture of the scoreboard for a scrimmage? That's hilarious. It's more hilarious it got used in an argument on here.
Scores from scrimages dont mean squat. I would say he was only defending his comment on the score.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Scores from scrimages dont mean squat. I would say he was only defending his comment on the score.

Yea i'm not trying to offend, I just think the fact he had the picture of the scoreboard to back his point up was hilarious and unexpected.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Yea i'm not trying to offend, I just think the fact he had the picture of the scoreboard to back his point up was hilarious and unexpected.
More than likely, knowing Panther Thunder, I would say this is probably a blown up screen capture from the video. He does a lot with video for the school, so I would bet that is how he has this pic. He knows scrimmages don't really mean squat, and is a knowledgeable and fair analyst of football. Not a typical "homer" type fan.
The_Rock Wrote:Remember Perry Central is a BASKETBALL school. They were probably thinking about something to do for the basketball team when they put up the scoreboard.
This is TOO funny. Had to admit I laughed out loud at this one. :-)
PHSForever Wrote:This is TOO funny. Had to admit I laughed out loud at this one. :-)

Sad thing is, being a huge PCC football fan, I did as well. Also, thank you for the insight PHSForever.
I said that Basketball season began August 18th. If Beatty dont touch the ball more its going to be a long saeson on the combs road in football, But I know Haddix didnt show a lot but on the other hand Perry not near as good as last years team. I stick with my 3-7 prediction but this football program will come back strong in a couple of years under haddix.
They got the letters mixed up when they put up the score board and put the home team on the right.
ballboy Wrote:I said that Basketball season began August 18th. If Beatty dont touch the ball more its going to be a long saeson on the combs road in football, But I know Haddix didnt show a lot but on the other hand Perry not near as good as last years team. I stick with my 3-7 prediction but this football program will come back strong in a couple of years under haddix.

I respectfully disagree with you. Don't discount those kids, they have been working hard all off season. You might be surprised come Friday, no one knows how good they might end up being, that's why they play the games.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I respectfully disagree with you. Don't discount those kids, they have been working hard all off season. You might be surprised come Friday, no one knows how good they might end up being, that's why they play the games.

When these two get together you can throw out season predictions. It's gonna be a dogfight. You can bet on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Perry central is the better team