Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2012
Coming off a very disappointing and frustrating year, how do you think the Cardinals will come back in the 2012 season? Alot of young talent comes up this year, adding to a very solid veteran senior squad.
Wild_Tide22 Wrote:Coming off a very disappointing and frustrating year, how do you think the Cardinals will come back in the 2012 season? A lot of young talent comes up this year, adding to a very solid veteran senior squad.

It appears that they have a number of players out this year, and this is a good sign.

And, yes, I think they will improve their record this year, for when one is 1-10, that shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Last year was a very disappointing season; they had some good athletes but they just couldn't get it together. I believe most of us who followed the cards last year know what a great deal of the problem was.

I had the pleasure of watching the East -West all star game, and two former Cards did themselves proud, that being KP Skyles and Taylor Chapman; they both were outstanding for the East squad. Skyles was named MVP Offense. (he looked like he did as a sophomore and junior) Chapman was a defensive standout; the West couldn't contain him. (in MO he should have gotten the MVP Defense)

But this is a new season and I think Coach Hager has made the adjustments that are needed. So let's put last year behind us, for you can't saw sawdust.

A couple seniors to watch: Chase Lafferty and Tyler O'Connor; they should have a good year.

Good luck Cards for the 2012 season!
If this season turns out like last season I look for Sheldon Clark to be searching for a new coach.
SC will be fine I see them winning a few game this year but with a freshman QB it will be a learning process
I was told that the cards was not going to be that good.
Dont see good things for them this year . The 8th grade looked good last year and I hear a lot of good things about this years 8th graders . Maybe in a few years things will pick upfor them.
Is Coach Norman still there?
thecoacher Wrote:Is Coach Norman still there?

nope he was let go
CardinalAlum Wrote:nope he was let go
You will be better this year!
Last season was a monumental disaster! With some luck and some smart execution, SC could have possibly won a couple more games.

I saw confusion out on the field, notwithstanding an inexperienced line. Moreover, I've heard that there was a great deal of dissatisfaction among the veterans, which resulted in an unenthusiastic performance. As we all know, a team must have desire and enthusiasm.

One would have to believe that 2012 be will be a little better to Sheldon Clark.
I have just finished the "Sideline" article Ronnie Hickman wrote in the Mountain Citizen, and he hit the nail on the head. He wrote: "expectations were high at the beginning of the year before we saw the chaos and drama that followed."

And yes, the current group that are returning must put last year's disaster behind them and play hard this year, and hope that the "chaos and drama" doesn't make its way int the 2012 season.

Well, IMO, it won't, based on what I have heard-- hopefully ADJUSTMENTS have been made that will eliminate the confusion, chaos and drama.

One thing that stands out in my mind is, that one person has to be in charge, unequivocally.

I think that the seniors that stuck it out and suffered through the 2011 season are to be admired for their perseverance and determination.

All the hype last year was not near the problem that a few other factors proved to be, but the local weren't the only ones that thought SC was going to be very good. Go back to some of last year's post regarding predictions prior to the first game if you would like some validation.

Good luck to the Cards and Coach Hager in 2012!
good luck to the cards
how did the cards look against magoffin county?
It was around 40-7 not really sure they quit keeping score mid way thru.