Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4A Pre-Season Rankings
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think a lot of people if overreacting to the trinity scrimmage. But those of us who know how good trinity is knows better only two teams in 4A have a shot at highlands and it's lex cath and cov cath. Everyone else is playing for district champs and nice seasons.

They are an amazing team, I did not see too many Highlands fans at the scrimmage who were upset; They appreciated the great team T had on the field. Highlands did not appear to be playing on all cylinders,and did not have top two WR's play, but even if they had, they had no shot at T, they are just a great team this year. I looked back at T's schedule when this group of SR's where freshmen, and they were just an average team that year. It will be interesting to see how much T falls back to earth after this group of SR's are gone. If T hung 51 on Highlands, what do you think they would hang on the rest of the teams in KY? Highlands is probably going to be down a little this year (will know more after next week), but it is still going to take someones best game to beat them in 4A I think. I agree that Lex Cath and Cov Cath scare me the most, Boyle does not worry me unless they have a huge improvement from last year.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think a lot of people if overreacting to the trinity scrimmage. But those of us who know how good trinity is knows better only two teams in 4A have a shot at highlands and it's lex cath and cov cath. Everyone else is playing for district champs and nice seasons.

I don't quite understand how you can count Boyle out like that. But we all have our opinions. Mine is that Boyle is definitely as good as Lex Cath. One play in both games last season and Boyle wins both matchups. Plus Boyle has a ton of experience this year with a very balanced offense (trust me, they'll surprise everyone) and, as always, an outstanding defense. I don't know much about Cov Cath, so I can't comment there. I'm not saying they'll win at HHS Friday night, but I am saying that if Highlands loses this season, Boyle has as good of a chance as anyone to beat them.

Can't wait for the season to start!
MSU Eagle Wrote:I don't quite understand how you can count Boyle out like that. But we all have our opinions. Mine is that Boyle is definitely as good as Lex Cath. One play in both games last season and Boyle wins both matchups. Plus Boyle has a ton of experience this year with a very balanced offense (trust me, they'll surprise everyone) and, as always, an outstanding defense. I don't know much about Cov Cath, so I can't comment there. I'm not saying they'll win at HHS Friday night, but I am saying that if Highlands loses this season, Boyle has as good of a chance as anyone to beat them.

Can't wait for the season to start!

Mainly the questions on offense. In order to beat the senior loaded offenses lex cath and cov cath have your gonna have to score. And that seemed to be boules problem last year a championship defense with no offense to match. If they can score points they will be in the conversation but they have to prove they can score like the three teams ahead of them already have.
Trouble^ I hate this phone somtimes lol
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Mainly the questions on offense. In order to beat the senior loaded offenses lex cath and cov cath have your gonna have to score. And that seemed to be boules problem last year a championship defense with no offense to match. If they can score points they will be in the conversation but they have to prove they can score like the three teams ahead of them already have.

I understand. And it's hard for people not around the Boyle program to know much about the team right now. But Boyle also has a very senior led offense. 8 experienced seniors on offense i believe (QB, two WR, two TE, 3 OL). Three of which are getting good college looks. In my opinion the offense this season will be atleast 2 touchdowns per game better. But we shall see for sure starting Friday. Can't wait!
MSU Eagle Wrote:I understand. And it's hard for people not around the Boyle program to know much about the team right now. But Boyle also has a very senior led offense. 8 experienced seniors on offense i believe (QB, two WR, two TE, 3 OL). Three of which are getting good college looks. In my opinion the offense this season will be atleast 2 touchdowns per game better. But we shall see for sure starting Friday. Can't wait!

We understand your argument about Boyle County being as good as last year. Our concern is how can that be if you loose a player of a caliber of Cox and Hester, who were the core of the team. And with those 2 players on the roster, they came short of Highlands and Lex Cath. Are you saying that there are better backs in the roster this season? if so then 4A are in trouble.