Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 at Jackson Co.?
Does anyone have details and who might be there? I've heard Harlan Ind. will be there this Saturday and that's all I know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The participating teams in Jackson County 7 on 7 will be: Jackson, Estill County, Lynn Camp, Harlan Independent, and Berea. Those are confirmed.
There will be a $3 charge for adults and $1 for high school students.
Russ Shearer
HFC Jackson County
Koachshr Wrote:The participating teams in Jackson County 7 on 7 will be: Jackson, Estill County, Lynn Camp, Harlan Independent, and Berea. Those are confirmed.
There will be a $3 charge for adults and $1 for high school students.
Russ Shearer
HFC Jackson County

Thanks coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How did this turn out?
Strikeout King Wrote:How did this turn out?

Estill Co. defeated the Dragons by 1 TD to take the tourney. I don't think it was a double elimination tournament. More or less each team everyone else and at the end Estill and Harlan were undefeated and they played and Estill won. Great workout for these teams!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
how did Berea and Lynn camp do?
Strikeout King Wrote:how did Berea and Lynn camp do?

I'm not sure how Berea,Lynn Camp or Jackson Co. turned out. I know that they at least had two losses each to Estill and Harlan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan and Estill may surprise some people this year

If someone has the final scores of each game, please post!
Was told be a friend that attended that Harlan beat Lynn camp 26-6, beat Berea 28-0, beat Jackson 38-0, and then lost to Estill 21-25
She said that Estill had two BS weird catches that were deflected up in the air and caught by Estill players in the endzone, instead of being knocked down, so the game could've very easily been 21-6
But that's High school football for ya, the teams that do the little things right usually win
Great outing by harlan and estill though, dragons seemed dominant and from what im hearing was the best looking team there byfar
ADMIRE Wrote:Was told be a friend that attended that Harlan beat Lynn camp 26-6, beat Berea 28-0, beat Jackson 38-0, and then lost to Estill 21-25
She said that Estill had two BS weird catches that were deflected up in the air and caught by Estill players in the endzone, instead of being knocked down, so the game could've very easily been 21-6
But that's High school football for ya, the teams that do the little things right usually win
Great outing by harlan and estill though, dragons seemed dominant and from what im hearing was the best looking team there byfar

Thanks! I wasn't there, I had actually forgotten about it until last night. Those 2 catches by Estill still would have made it been 21-18 Harlan so Estill must have gotten another TD. Estill is a very young team with a lot of talent on it
Strikeout King Wrote:Thanks! I wasn't there, I had actually forgotten about it until last night. Those 2 catches by Estill still would have made it been 21-18 Harlan so Estill must have gotten another TD. Estill is a very young team with a lot of talent on it

Congrats to Estill on the win. I used to live up that way in Richmond and I pull for the area teams up there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Estill County 4-0

Harlan 3-1

Jackson County 2-2 Beat Berea and Lynn Camp (both wins in the 2 minute drill)

Lynn Camp 1-3 Beat Berea but was close to beating Estill and Jackson.

Berea (0-4) run based team but hung close in most of the games.. good looking athletes at Berea this year.

MVP- Trevor Jones (Estill County) QB had 3 interceptions as well maybe 4.

Top Gun- Saragas (Harlan) really nice QB with great touch and understanding of the system.
Koachshr Wrote:Estill County 4-0

Harlan 3-1

Jackson County 2-2 Beat Berea and Lynn Camp (both wins in the 2 minute drill)

Lynn Camp 1-3 Beat Berea but was close to beating Estill and Jackson.

Berea (0-4) run based team but hung close in most of the games.. good looking athletes at Berea this year.

MVP- Trevor Jones (Estill County) QB had 3 interceptions as well maybe 4.

Top Gun- Saragas (Harlan) really nice QB with great touch and understanding of the system.

Thanks Coach!

He's a SO. Also a star on the basketball court