Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directv vs Viacom
Anyone pissed off about this?

lol
^I haven't heard, please tell me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DirectTV reduced a bunch of channels that were accessible, this week. The monthly bill; however, did not reduce.

Yeah, I'm a little POd...they better not mess with Pappy Bear's old west channels, or there will be an uprising!!
I am a happy man that I have Dish Network Wink The bill is outrageous, but thankfully my contract runs out in the middle of next month. Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, Spike, and about 20 more channels.

Surely this has to void my contract on their behalf.
zaga_fan Wrote:Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, Spike, and about 20 more channels.

Surely this has to void my contract on their behalf.
It does.
Cable is the only thing ive ever had, and to be honest, the only thing i ever will.

Direct and Dish suck.
TheRealVille Wrote:It does.

I assumed it did - I figured I would wait it out because I really enjoy having HD TV with a DVR and all the channels...

but if my wife misses an episode of Teen Mom I'll never hear the end of it...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cable is the only thing ive ever had, and to be honest, the only thing i ever will.

Direct and Dish suck.

Cable has always been a little pricey for me in regards to what you get in return.
I got hooked on Directv and now I really don't want anything else....
although it would be nice to get WYMT again
zaga_fan Wrote:Cable has always been a little pricey for me in regards to what you get in return.

Without WYMT, you get no sportsovertime, which is enough for posters on here to have cable lol.

In all seriousness, for a hundred bucks a month i have dvr, over 400 channels, which is more than i need, and high speed internet, oh and WYMT lol.
Meh, they'll work it out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Without WYMT, you get no sportsovertime, which is enough for posters on here to have cable lol.

In all seriousness, for a hundred bucks a month i have dvr, over 400 channels, which is more than i need, and high speed internet, oh and WYMT lol.

I pay a little more than that and get home phone
I watch WYMT on a digital receiver - it isn't amazingly clear - but it still works.

I'm going to look into local cable here through the company I do my net and phone with and see what I can come up with. If I can pay even close to the same thing I'll do it just for the sake of supporting local business.
This corporate mumbo-jumbo pisses me off.
Especially to see them slinging mud at each other in public like these guys are doing.
Viacom actually released commercials of Dora and Spongebob urging kids to have their parents call directv and complain.
Directv is openly blasting back and on a website (directvpromise.com) they were directing people to places on the internet to watch viacom shows free of charge.
zaga_fan Wrote:I pay a little more than that and get home phone
I watch WYMT on a digital receiver - it isn't amazingly clear - but it still works.

I'm going to look into local cable here through the company I do my net and phone with and see what I can come up with. If I can pay even close to the same thing I'll do it just for the sake of supporting local business.
Especially to see them slinging mud at each other in public like these guys are doing.
Viacom actually released commercials of Dora and Spongebob urging kids to have their parents call directv and complain.
Directv is openly blasting back and on a website (directvpromise.com) they were directing people to places on the internet to watch viacom shows free of charge.

Well let me warn you, i dont know exactly what cable providers are in Perry County, but here in Whitley it has pretty much been limited to only Time Warner. Some people almost commit suicide daily dealing with them from what ive heard, but ive never had a problem, only a couple of times with the internet going out, but for example, my dads phone doesnt work more than it does and they cant figure it out, but it more or less has to deal with where he lives, which is in Bell County.
Also, to be honest, my picture is very clear and most channels are in HD already, and it shows up really good.
As for the phone deal, i think if you have phone, internet, and cable with the family pack which is like 300 channels, it will run you about 115-120 a month. I have heard of a lot of people complaining about their bills being higher than what they were told, however that is not the case with me.

And as for the phone thing, you can get cell phone service just about anywhere around here now and as is the case with me i get full service at home with my cell so it would just be a waste for me to have a home phone as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well let me warn you, i dont know exactly what cable providers are in Perry County, but here in Whitley it has pretty much been limited to only Time Warner. Some people almost commit suicide daily dealing with them from what ive heard, but ive never had a problem, only a couple of times with the internet going out, but for example, my dads phone doesnt work more than it does and they cant figure it out, but it more or less has to deal with where he lives, which is in Bell County.
Also, to be honest, my picture is very clear and most channels are in HD already, and it shows up really good.
As for the phone deal, i think if you have phone, internet, and cable with the family pack which is like 300 channels, it will run you about 115-120 a month. I have heard of a lot of people complaining about their bills being higher than what they were told, however that is not the case with me.

And as for the phone thing, you can get cell phone service just about anywhere around here now and as is the case with me i get full service at home with my cell so it would just be a waste for me to have a home phone as well.

TVS cable is the local cable provider here and they aren't big-time and don't have a humongous customer-base.
I switched to them for internet and phone and I've not had a problem so I should be good. Directv is dirt cheap for me at the moment because I had a bunch of refer-a-friends to knock 10 bux off my bill every month...
but that will change soon.
Cable has always been a little pricey for me in regards to what you get in return.

I totally agree! Directv has spoiled me, but I don't allow myself a lot of "luxuries". This is one of them. I'm so pathetic, that I pay an additional $15 cable per month JUST to receive a few channels that include WYMT.

Directv is openly blasting back and on a website (directvpromise.com) they were directing people to places on the internet to watch viacom shows free of charge

Pisses me off, too. I went to directvpromise.com...cannot believe all the crap being flung there. Currently, I'm trying to locate my original contract with Direct.

Well let me warn you, i dont know exactly what cable providers are in Perry County, but here in Whitley it has pretty much been limited to only Time Warner. Some people almost commit suicide daily dealing with them from what ive heard, but ive never had a problem, only a couple of times with the internet going out, but for example, my dads phone doesnt work more than it does and they cant figure it out, but it more or less has to deal with where he lives, which is in Bell County.

Same here but for phone service. Harlan County has more dead spots than live ones for cell service; unless you're on top of a mountain somewhere. Also, they have a locally owned telephone service. I love this company!! I get phone and wireless internet for around $80/month. That includes long distance. You can go on their website and "modify" any of your services. I can get call logs, block calls, order a "follow" and all calls directly will forward to my cell, and more stuff...it's great!!