Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Next?
Being stuck in WKY it is tough to get any good information on the teams I remember from my younger days in the eastern part of the state. I usually have to wait until football season and then read summary articles in the paper or just look for scores. But hopefully with this website, I can keep in better touch and learn year around.

I'm Wondering who is the next EKY team to turn the corner and make solid improvements in their football programs.

We all know about teams like Pikeville, Ashland, Belfry, Breathitt Co, etc., who have solid teams year in and year out, I'm not talking about them.

Then there are the teams who seemed to have recently made big improvements, Johson Central and Sheldon Clark come to mind.

So who is next and tell us why?

Shelby Valley? Knott County? Madison Southern? Who?
I really look for Lawrence Co. to make strides this year with all there young kids but I really think they are another year away to being back to the power house they were in the 90's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Morgan County and Mercer County are on their way up.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Lawrence Co is a traditionally strong team, even though the have had a couple of down years by their standards, I don't know if you can count them as an up and comer. I always was impressed with their program and I think they will be right back on top soon.

What about Fleming County, would you guys consider them in this category?
Fleming County has improved drastically over the past few years as well as Mason county.
How about Leslie County. Are They going to be in the hunt next year.
Sheldon Clark will be looking good.
I have faith
coffee man Wrote:Lawrence Co is a traditionally strong team, even though the have had a couple of down years by their standards, I don't know if you can count them as an up and comer. I always was impressed with their program and I think they will be right back on top soon.

What about Fleming County, would you guys consider them in this category?
Lawrence Co will be down in my opion, because a lot of their players transfferd.
I know for sure the qb, and a few linemen transffered
Actually the only players from lawrence co. to transfer was Qb cory humprey and the Dials kid
Sheldon Clark which had a great run last year, Shelby Valley, Pike Co Central, time for Breathitt Co. to make a run, Prestonsburg is usually a strong contender just the talent level's wont be there for a couple of years. Morgan Co and Betsy Layne could have good teams if they can get some adm. that really cares about their football programs, will just have to wait and see. Im sure they are some more teams that I have left out.
BL is losing a really good player to Prestonsburg during the off-season !
Money Maker Wrote:Actually the only players from lawrence co. to transfer was Qb cory humprey and the Dials kid

I thought the Harless kid transferred. Also, only 2 boys transferred but what about some of the other boys that won't play this year?
blackcat_student Wrote:BL is losing a really good player to Prestonsburg during the off-season !

OH MY GOD.......Someone other than Belfry benefitting from transfer????

Please God, tell me I am not the only one who notices the irony in this!!??!!??
Mr. Right Wrote:OH MY GOD.......Someone other than Belfry benefitting from transfer????

Please God, tell me I am not the only one who notices the irony in this!!??!!??

Smile Smile :Clap:
Knott co. they pass and run the ball allnight on teams there recivers are getting better and with owens in the backfeild unstoppable...
With former Pikeville Coach and 3 time State Champion at the helm, I would expect Letcher County to make some noise in the years to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I look for Shelby Valley to have a bright future. With the new coach and a lot of young talent, the wildacts should do some damage in the years to come.