Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'The Simpsons' to Show Live-Action Opening
NEW YORK — Ever wonder what Bart Simpson would look like in human form? The longrunning animated FOX series "The Simpsons" is about to show you. The series will unveil a live-action opening sequence Sunday, 8 p.m. EST, a FOX spokeswoman announced Thursday.

In it, the dysfunctional cartoon family — Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie — will be seen as they would appear in real life, played by lookalike actors.

"I'm just amazed there are people who want to be known for looking like the Simpsons," said Al Jean, the show's executive producer, in a statement.

A team from British network Sky One created and commissioned the live sequence, which apes the long-running series' memorable opening shots: Bart writing on the chalkboard, Homer pulling the nuclear rod out of his shirt and Maggie and Marge at the supermarket, a FOX spokeswoman said.

"The Simpsons" was recently renewed for two more seasons, its 18th and 19th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Interesting..I love The Simpsons so I'll be sure to catch that...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Interesting..I love The Simpsons so I'll be sure to catch that...

I do too, but trying to make it real might ruin it. Humans just can't act the same way cartoons can and can't do the same things
BFritz Wrote:I do too, but trying to make it real might ruin it. Humans just can't act the same way cartoons can and can't do the same things

Yeah but it's just the opening, and a one time thing, so it's not too bad...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah but it's just the opening, and a one time thing, so it's not too bad...

I didn't pick up on the "Live-Action Opening" part:dontthink I can be a bit slow at times:howdy:
i can't wait
For those that can't wait (not sure if this was in the article because it's too early to read : )

Since I have dialup I guess that I will just wait for the show Sunday.
"I will not eat things for money" was hilarious. Notice how Homer's driving on the right side of the car, and Marge is driving on the left side? Characters didn't resemble the cartoon Simpsons enough for me
I just might watch this