Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds-2 vs Brewers-1
Final.

W-Champan

L-Axford

S-Ondrusek

*Ondrusek 1st career save in the majors.

*Dusty's 1500th career win.
Reds gets get 2 in the 9th, to take the series 2/3.
When all the drama was over, the Reds had themselves another series victory and a 4-2 road trip.

“That’s what it’s all about — winning series,” Brandon Phillips said.

Back-to-back, two-out RBI hits off Milwaukee closer John Axford by Joey Votto and Phillips gave the Reds a 2-0 lead in the top of the ninth.

“That turned out to be big,” Phillips said of his hit. “You want to score as many runs as possible. You never when it’s going to come down to the wire. I’m glad I got that hit.”

So were the Reds when closer Sean Marshall gave up a leadoff home run to Ryan Braun in the ninth to make it 2-1.

That was not the end of the drama.

Marshall struck out Aramis Ramirez. Corey Hart then hit one that Stubbs caught with his back against the wall in center. Jonathan Lucroy singled on 11th pitch of his at-bat. Norichika Aoki blopped a single into left on Marshall’s 35th pitch of the inning.

Dusty Baker brought in Logan Ondrusek at that point.

“You figure that’s enough,” Baker said. “You hate to take your closer out. But we needed that ball game.”

Ondrusek has not allowed a run in 13 2/3 innings this year. He’s stranded 15 of 16 inherited runners, so Baker was not hesitant to go to him.

“It’s situation where as a manager you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do,” Baker said. “I had no reservations. We were hoping (Marshall) would be able to get Aoki out and we wouldn’t have to make that decision.”

The Brewers countered Ondrusek with pinch-hitter George Kottaras. Ondrusek walked Kottaras on five pitches.

“He’s been hot,” Ondrusek said. “That didn’t hurt too much.”

Pinch-hitter Travis Ishikawa skied to left on the next pitch to end the game. It was Ondrusek’s first save in the majors.

“That’s not the way you want to get a save, obviously,” Ondrusek said. “You want Marsh to close it. But I’ll take this one for sure.”

Zack Greinke is 13-0 at Miller Park. Before Wednesday, the Brewers were 18-0 in his home starts.

“Zack is always a handful,” Joey Votto said. “John Axford is a very good pitcher. That we stole one from them, I don’t want to use the word 'surprising,' but it's great when you can sneak out a win against those two pitchers.”http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...gory=SPT04
Yup Yup Yup!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Best thing was the Reds rally in the 9th inning was with 2 outs, Stubbs was even on a strike 2 before he reached base.

It was a awesome pitchers duel between Cueto & Grienke.