Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 5A District 6
With spring ball in full go or wrapping up, what are some early thoughts/predictions for this district?
Who comes back for Anderson County this year? If they return a lot, I like their chances.
I think Anderson will be graduating a bunch, Woodford will be also. I like Montgomery they should be strong this year. Franklin County is loaded with speed this year, but hopefully they will make it father in the plyoffs than two games. FC does not seem to play well when it gets cold.
Montgomery should be strong this year we lost some talent but do have a good amount comming back. Spring ball has gone really well good numbers high enthusiasm kids growing getting stronger and faster. I think if we can keep the numbers up and have a few kids step up we should have a good year. :biggrin:
One of the toughest districts in the state. With 6 teams and only 4 playoff spots you have to bring it every week. A 3-2 record in this district may only get you a #4 seed. I was impressed with what I saw out of all of these teams last season. Tough district prepares the teams for playoffs (3 of 4 won 1st round games last season).

-Franklin County - Defending District champs. One word describes them. SPEED. They return a lot of it plus the QB. They are gonna be tough to beat. They can score quickly whichmeans they are never out of a game.

Anderson County - 5A State Runner Up. They lost some key seniors but I don't doubt they won't be just as strong this season. They tackle as good as anyone. They control the ball and clock well. Well coached and another tough opponent.

-Montgomery County - This may be the most talented team since the 90s. The line is huge. Team is strong (see powerlifting program success). A lot of the roster has varsity experience. QB holds just about every school record in passing. Tough to beat them at home. Spring numbers have been good (website says 54 for spring practice, plus 3-4 more at baseball. 30-35 more incoming freshman means that the future looks bright). Spring game (Steak and Bean Bowl) is this thursday we'll know more then.

-West Jessamine - Did more with less last year. Gave everyone a fight early in the season but needed a little luck to win some of the close ones. With so many young players getting varsity time last year they are going to surprise some people this season.

-East Jessamine - Lost Thomas and that type of player is hard to replace. Don't know much about them but looks like they have a lot returning.

-Woodford County - Best team in the state NOT to make playoffs last season 6-4//1-4 in district). Coach has them headed in the right direction. A lot of good athletes on the team. Another tough team to play at home.

I wouldnt want to make any picks this early, but I'd say Franklin and Anderson have to be the early favorites. Everyone has a shot in this district though though so it should be entertaining.
Any truth to the rumors that Timmons maybe looking to transfer to T?
That not going to happen. Thats Funny!!!!
Franklin County is as loaded this season as they were last season. Plus they have brought back Coach Ledford to fix the defense.
!
mason Wrote:Any truth to the rumors that Timmons maybe looking to transfer to T?

Crazy talk!!!!! LOL
3 Anderson boys Travis Davis (DL/OL) Blake Curtsinger (WR/DB) Bill Rose (K) are all going to Thomas More
Montgomery Co. QB is on Jody Demlings site http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...vy-league/