Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone besides me hearing turkeys gobble already????
I heard two turkeys gobbling about 2 weeks ago...i was just wondering why they are starting so early.....What does everyone think????
Yes I have too. We have about 25 hanging around our house. but I won't let anyone hunt there just yet. Have several large bucks also. I personally seen an 18, very large 10, several 8's and some smaller bucks. We never had any wildlife around our property until the last 3 years. So I won't let anyone hunt including me to see how it turns out.
I have seen a lot lately.. but I was in my car so I haven't heard any gobble lol
there are several behind the house that i have heard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
There is about 25 or 30 turkeys hanging around on my property as well...me and my buddies and my dad have been hunting these same turkeys for years and they still roost in the same ole trees and the same ole hollow every night....We only take our bag limit and the population has yet to decline...It may be wise of you to take a few turkeys this year so as to keep the population steady...if u let to many animals get on your property then the food source will run out quick and they will move on...
I heard em in the park today while i was playin tennis...lol..Smile
My husband says that the weather has them starting so early.
Eagles Wrote:There is about 25 or 30 turkeys hanging around on my property as well...me and my buddies and my dad have been hunting these same turkeys for years and they still roost in the same ole trees and the same ole hollow every night....We only take our bag limit and the population has yet to decline...It may be wise of you to take a few turkeys this year so as to keep the population steady...if u let to many animals get on your property then the food source will run out quick and they will move on...

Yea, I was planning on taking a few this year. I will also probably take 1 or possible 2 of the bucks. Too allow the smaller bucks more of a chance to mature.
Crossbones Wrote:Yes I have too. We have about 25 hanging around our house. but I won't let anyone hunt there just yet. Have several large bucks also. I personally seen an 18, very large 10, several 8's and some smaller bucks. We never had any wildlife around our property until the last 3 years. So I won't let anyone hunt including me to see how it turns out.

Don't tell Mr. PP that or he will be moving in with you guys..LOL
Pirate Pal Wrote:Don't tell Mr. PP that or he will be moving in with you guys..LOL
We are thinking about letting a few people hunt this year. If so I'll give him a yell. I don't want it to get over populated.
I have heard a few
crossbones, Ill try to take care of that lil problem of too many deer and turkey if u need any help.
Crossbones Wrote:We are thinking about letting a few people hunt this year. If so I'll give him a yell. I don't want it to get over populated.

I'm sure that he would appreciate it CB. I'll even make ya a little dessert to send with him..
Pirate Pal Wrote:I'm sure that he would appreciate it CB. I'll even make ya a little dessert to send with him..

:thumpsup:
When does Spring Turkey season start.
Dad saw 15 fly over. They roost on the mountain behind our house and hang out at the mountain across the road so they just make the daily trip.

i was squirrel hunting and was walking to get set up and a turckey ran out in front of me and took off!!!!
i didn't shoot though
I almost hit 2 on the Mountain Parkway about a month ago lol
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]