Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2 Magoffin Co. 5 (Gm3)
Tigers just couldn't find any holes or gaps in this one. Every thing they hit was right at MC. They played sluggish and acted as if they didn't want to be there. Also had trouble hitting the 55-60 mph heat throwed at them...lol.

Now...JMO....I think the 3 game series in the District is STUPID!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I actually like the 3 game series. It determines who is the better team. This eliminates a Shepard / Jackson pitching every district game. Sounds very interesting and curious to see how the 57th district pans out this year. Are there any other districts using this format??
When you get to the tourney. You are going to see that team's best piycher anyway. So the series really doesn't matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
UpYours Wrote:I actually like the 3 game series. It determines who is the better team. This eliminates a Shepard / Jackson pitching every district game. Sounds very interesting and curious to see how the 57th district pans out this year. Are there any other districts using this format??
I actually like this change. First off, it allows teams to play each other within the district and stops teams from hiding from other district opponents throughout the season. This brings in more of a college or professional aspect into the season by playing a best of three series. By playing a best of three series will really expose who the better team is overall. Also, I think this better prepares the teams who will be making a run at a 15th region title because it is unlikely your stud will pitch more than 1 of 3 games during the region. Finally, I think this is a really good thing because it puts more of an importance on the regular season series because it will effect how you are seeded in the postseason play. Overall I think it's a really good move for the 57th and it should've been done sooner.
I agree I like it. Coaches will haft to develop more pitchers. You should be trying to do that anyway
I agree coaches will haft to start taking the time to work with more kids in little league so it will help out the next level. IMO some kids get passed by for some reason or other