Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central Jr. Jeffrey Canady gets OFFER.
Canady received an offer to play football at Wofford University in South Carolina.TongueirateSho
He should get better offers. I am glad he has an offer in hand, but better ones should be coming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
True, but an offer worth $200,000 ....not bad,
highschoolfan Wrote:True, but an offer worth $200,000 ....not bad,

Go South young man!
Good luck to Jeffrey in his college decision and congrats for this offer.
Great player!!! He has to have more offers then this. Has EKU or anyone talk to him.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Great player!!! He has to have more offers then this. Has EKU or anyone talk to him.

I was told UK, WKU, EKU, Marshall, Cincy, Furman and several other schools are talking to him alot. He is going to WKU Jr. Day this weekend and invited to Miss. St. Spring Game the 31st. He has already been to Wisconsin Jr. Day , UK JR. Day and Purdue. He is also getting alot of interest from Ball State. I would say before the season starts he will have atleast 5 offers.
Confusedinglepar
highschoolfan Wrote:I was told UK, WKU, EKU, Marshall, Cincy, Furman and several other schools are talking to him alot. He is going to WKU Jr. Day this weekend and invited to Miss. St. Spring Game the 31st. He has already been to Wisconsin Jr. Day , UK JR. Day and Purdue. He is also getting alot of interest from Ball State. I would say before the season starts he will have atleast 5 offers.
Confusedinglepar

If not more, the kid is a great football player. Best of luck to him this season.
Congrats to the young man on the offer but, as several others have said, he will have many more offers from betters schools and I would imagine he will get offers from almost every in-state school!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Tell me about the kid. What position does he play, etc. ?
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:Tell me about the kid. What position does he play, etc. ?

Kids an athlete. Primarily a WR/DB, but also plays in the backfield and some LB. Kid also returns punts/kicks and punts.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:Tell me about the kid. What position does he play, etc. ?

He rushed for roughly 1100 yds rec. about 900 yds 24 TD's. Had about 70 tackles 5 Int's. and punted for an avg. of 47 yds. The KID is a Beast 4.55 legit 40, 210 wt. 6'1 ht.. They said he bench press is now 405 and squats over 450 and power cleans 280. The kid can play he has one thing against him, He plays in South Eastern Kentucky. As you know people don't believe we can play football down here. LOL
Jeffrey Canady is one of the best pure football players to come through to mountains in 20 years. His ability to dominate the field from RB, WR, OLB, S and even nailing 60 yards punts puts him in a category of one.

I know Wofford is one of the best private schools in America and one of the best D1AA football schools in the Nation. He would never regret going there. I am confident he will get offers from several D1's and that well may be the better choice for him.
the kid is a great athlete and good guy too.been around hjm and his family for years.ive seen very few kids work/train as hard as him.wish him the best.i know its just my wish but i would like to see him in blue and white at commonwealth field.
Congrats on the offer. I'm sure that more will come, but that would be hard to pass up (Education 1st). Jeffery has a good family to help him make the best decision for his future. Looking forward to coming to KCHS this fall.
Aside from the D-1 schools, there aren't any other schools in the state that are going to be a better offer than Wofford.....Know that I think about it, besides other D-1 schools period, there won't be many FCS schools that will be a better offer than Wofford!
Are we talking "offer" as in money wise. Maybe not this early. All the schools drag these kids along till the last moment. Don't get confused with all the literature you'll receive and how great they make their intentions with Jr. day visits. Get the FAFSA done, get the NAIA and NCAA eligibility documents done and don't drag your feet. These places will drag you along and then you'll never here from them. It's more of a business thing to them, not so much as being really interested. Good luck to Jeffrey and keep working hard big guy. :Thumbs:
Congrats to Jeffrey!! Would be a nice fit.:Thumbs:
Good luck to him
Wofford is Big Time Ball, Ask Clemson.

Canady is a good looking athlete, to get offered from Wofford means he is in the same Talent pool as South GA Players, where Wofford gets most of its players. That's big time, to be on that board with all that talent in the south.
I think Wofford would be a awesome choice for him.
Congrats Mr. Canady, all your hard work is going to pay off.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Are we talking "offer" as in money wise. Maybe not this early. All the schools drag these kids along till the last moment. Don't get confused with all the literature you'll receive and how great they make their intentions with Jr. day visits. Get the FAFSA done, get the NAIA and NCAA eligibility documents done and don't drag your feet. These places will drag you along and then you'll never here from them. It's more of a business thing to them, not so much as being really interested. Good luck to Jeffrey and keep working hard big guy. :Thumbs:

YES SIR....we are talking Full-Ride to Wofford, they called Coach Russell about two weeks ago, and made an offical offer. They offered Canady, while he was at Wofford on an unoffical visit. The money wise this is a full ride worth $ 200,000.00. They like him at Saftey and maybe evem OLB. Canady is Wofford's 1st out-of-state offer. 2nd overall. Kentucky is really dragging thier feet wth this kid. Congrats to the young man. Nice pick-up.TongueirateSho
He is one of the most impressive mountain kids I have watched play in the last few years.
I was told today by someone close to the family, that Vandy has invited Jeffery to thier Spring Game. UofL is coming to KCHS to see him and Cincy has started to pickup the recruiting of Jeffery. Kentucky will lose another Athlete to somebody out of state. They better jump on this Kid soon.......TongueirateSho
Good athlete. Nice kid.