Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Wrestlemania Moments
[SIZE="3"]Honorable Mentions:

Numerous Celebrity Involvements

The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan
WWE Championship (Wrestlemania 6)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
WWE Championship "Iron Man" (Wrestlemania 12)

Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit Embracing
(Wrestlemania 20)

Triple H becoming the first heel to win a Wrestlemania main event.
(Wrestlemania 2000)[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]#10

Brock Lesnar & Goldberg Bow Out Disgracefully
(Wrestlemania 20)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

----

Our #10 on the list isn't even a good moment in WWE's history. Keep in mind, this the first match of its kind for Mania. Never has a face been booed out for no reason. In this case, the fans knew that both men were leaving. With that, the crowd cared less about who wins or who loses. They were both losers to them.

Many people were pretty excited for this match. A lot of people wanted to see it. I didn't but I knew how big this match for Mania. I didn't expect much from them but I remember being shocked to hear Lesnar would be leaving. There was always stories of Lesnar nagging but didn't think they were really legit. Lesnar announced he would quit to pursue his "dream" by joining the NFL.

The crowd couldn't hate the two guys even more but they astounded me. The match starts with such stalling that it didn't help matters get better. It was as if they were almost trolling the fans. A another first? Anyways, the crowd ripped them into shreds. You suck, you sold out chants. It ended with Goldberg winning and Lesnar flipping off the fans until Austin stunners both men out of the company. How fitting that Austin stunner a Stone Cold wannabe and the man he refused to job to and left the company for.
Very easy for me. Wrestlemania 1, Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper/Orton. This was something that wrestling had never seen before. Roddy Piper was without a doubt, the greatest antagonist this business has ever seen.
[SIZE="3"]#9

HBK & Razor Ramon Have The "First" Ever Ladder Match
(Wrestlemania 10)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

----

I guess I should first say that this wasn't the first ever Ladder match that the WWE claims it to be. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels had one earlier on as an experiment.

The storyline here was a battle for the better mullet. I kid but seriously... why were mullets cool? And especially in wrestling. Just a really weird haircut. The real storyline was actually pretty cool and one of my early memories as a child watching wrestling. Say what you want but when I look back as fan from that era, it was Shawn Michaels, Diesel, and Razor Ramon that were keeping me as a fan. I didn't care about Lex Luger nor Yokozuna. I was into Razor and Shawn's feud as to who was the real intercontinental champion. I think Shawn quit or got fired as IC champ at that time and thus Razor became the new IC champ. Michaels then returned and came out with the original IC belt saying that he was the real IC champ. I remember it truly screwing with my mind. I just could not understand why there was two intercontinental champions. Later that year, Ramon would end up having a feud with Diesel where I thought it was the coolest thing ever that Razor Ramon gave the Razor's Edge to Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

This match doesn't necessarily hold up well today but it's actually pretty interesting to watch. HBK oversells like no tomorrow in this match. Pretty much the same selling when he faced Hulk Hogan. That's why I never had problems about their feud and match because it was like if Shawn was paying tribute to that generation. Hogan and HBK were part of the same generation even though they were at that time on different sides of the ship. That style of wrestling was largely based on over exaggerating. Fun match if you just appreciate it for what it is.
J-Rod Wrote:
[SIZE="3"]#9

HBK & Razor Ramon Have The "First" Ever Ladder Match
(Wrestlemania 10)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

----

I guess I should first say that this wasn't the first ever Ladder match that the WWE claims it to be. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels had one earlier on as an experiment.

The storyline here was a battle for the better mullet. I kid but seriously... why were mullets cool? And especially in wrestling. Just a really weird haircut. The real storyline was actually pretty cool and one of my early memories as a child watching wrestling. Say what you want but when I look back as fan from that era, it was Shawn Michaels, Diesel, and Razor Ramon that were keeping me as a fan. I didn't care about Lex Luger nor Yokozuna. I was into Razor and Shawn's feud as to who was the real intercontinental champion. I think Shawn quit or got fired as IC champ at that time and thus Razor became the new IC champ. Michaels then returned and came out with the original IC belt saying that he was the real IC champ. I remember it truly screwing with my mind. I just could not understand why there was two intercontinental champions. Later that year, Ramon would end up having a feud with Diesel where I thought it was the coolest thing ever that Razor Ramon gave the Razor's Edge to Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

This match doesn't necessarily hold up well today but it's actually pretty interesting to watch. HBK oversells like no tomorrow in this match. Pretty much the same selling when he faced Hulk Hogan. That's why I never had problems about their feud and match because it was like if Shawn was paying tribute to that generation. Hogan and HBK were part of the same generation even though they were at that time on different sides of the ship. That style of wrestling was largely based on over exaggerating. Fun match if you just appreciate it for what it is.

This match made the card... Shawn's fall at the end, when he gets tangled in the ropes was classic.
I love watching wrestle-mania.............
[SIZE="3"]#8 (Tie)

The Ultimate Challenge
(Wrestlemania 6)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

-----

I left this out originally but I change my mind. This is one of my first wrestling memories ever. I saw this live.

I was the biggest Ultimate Warrior fan as a kid. I loved him. He would always be undefeated whenever I played with my wrestling toys. In my wrestling toy world, NO ONE screwed with Warrior. He was glam, colorful, powerful, and energetic.

Supposedly this match was rehearse hold for hold under the supervision of Pat Patterson. It must've been a good thing because this match IS a classic. Ironically enough, Warrior's match against Macho was also rehearsed. Warrior is best under those kind of situations. Perhaps he should've feuded with DDP.

This is the first Face/Face feud that was hyped up in WrestleMania. Pretty huge Mania match and perhaps the second best Mania at that point. People say that Hogan passed the torch but he barely did that. Hogan kicked out after the ref counted 3. It almost ruined the match. How that is seen as passing the torch bewilders me.

-----

[SIZE="3"]Owen & Bret Hart's Epic Opening Match
(Wrestlemania 10)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

-----

This is one of the best openers in the history of Wrestling. You have an awesome simple feud where one brother is jealous of the other brother. He sees his brother for who he is, an egotistical man who's only out for himself. Owen decides to step out of the shadows of his brother and become his own main man.

What cultivated was a classic wrestling match. I was shocked to see Owen win. I thought for sure Bret would come out victorious but Owen prevailed and shocked the world by BEING better than his brother on that night. If only that would work with The Hardyz when they feuded.

The match holds up VERY well today. I miss Owen.
[SIZE="3"]#7

Ricky Steamboat & "Macho Man" Randy Savage Put On A Clinic
(Wrestlemania 3)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

----

Ok, it's yet another match. I promise that's not the case though. This match doesn't stand all that well against the test of time. It's still pretty great to see even to this day though. This is the first ever wrestling clinic in an era that was more show than wrestling. Everyone have comforted to the style of Hogan where its much slower pace with headlocks and the typical game of Mercy. To see this when it first aired, it must've been amazing. Never has a crowd so massive have seen that kind of wrestling in the WWE. Both men were pioneers that influenced many wrestlers such as HBK, Jericho, Punk, and many others to be in wrestling. This was Steamboat's revenge after Macho had sent him to the hospital. It was a big deal because it wasn't often that paramedics have come to help a wrestler in that day.

The match is pretty brilliant. I think, to me, the most remembered spot is Steamboat picking Macho Man up by his neck. It was pure hatred for someone to have that kind of strength. Macho Man is a great heel in this match too and Ventura makes way too much sense in this match. Crowd really pumped for this match.
quite interesting.......
Get out of my thread!
Hogan turns heel NWO
The Whole Shawn Michaels/Undertaker saga.
Legends like Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin were catapulted to stardom at WrestleMania and giants like Andre and Yokozuna have fallen. While some icons made their comebacks at the annual showdown, like The Undertaker and Paul Bearer, some wrestlers, like Ric Flair, have waved their goodbyes at The Showcase of the Immortals.
Great list so far!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rustyankle Wrote:Hogan turns heel NWO

Wrestlemania??????
Yeah, I just let this die out.

I kinda lost focus on it.