Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal judge who sent racist Obama e-mail requests review
Let me ask you a question Hoot? Do you thing that 40-50% of the population of this area is "somewhat racist" is an overstatement?
TheRealVille Wrote:Let me ask you a question Hoot? Do you thing that 40-50% of the population of this area is "somewhat racist" is an overstatement?

I do. And A Completely False Accusation.
TheRealVille Wrote:Or .....not tell jokes of color. Wouldn't this be easier to accomplish? This would be a better way to not give anybody a reason for this "racial shit".

Why? Do we not have freedom of speech in this country or is that something else your fine President is trying to change from the constitution as well?

It goes both ways when people tell these jokes.
I could care less if someone is racist. It's there choice.
Personally i could care less. Im not racist at all, but hearing the race card get thrown around is getting old. Its the same way with Gays. It seems in this country we have grown accustom to making sure everyone is "okay".

Just another example of how the liberal media forces this shit on us every day.
In other words.....who gives a shit.
TheRealVille Wrote:Let me ask you a question Hoot? Do you thing that 40-50% of the population of this area is "somewhat racist" is an overstatement?
It depends on how one defines racist. The way I define it, no I don't think that there are any more eastern Kentuckians who are racist than any other part of the country.

As for hearing the "R word," I can't even remember the last time that I heard anybody use it in my presence. I know that I have not heard it used either here in the northern
Virginia suburbs or when I lived in Jackson, MS. To me, a racist is a person who honestly believes that his race is superior to one or more other races. I don't use the "R" word because it offends some very good people. Aside from not wanting punched or shot, I would not care if I used the word and offended black people who use the word among themselves because I consider them racists for using the word and declaring it off limits to anybody of another race.

But the use of a single word does not make a person a racist. A person who votes for a political candidate because of the color of their skin is a racist. A person who believes that he is entitled to money other people have earned because of the color of his skin is a racist. A person who believes that other people cannot succeed in life because of the color of their skin and thinks that they need extra "help" through handouts or affirmative action programs is a racist. (Some smart man described it as the "soft bigotry of low expectations.)

I think there probably is more usage of the "n" word in eastern Kentucky because their are fewer people who will assault you for using it and most people have had very little personal interaction with blacks. IMO, whether people harbor racist attitudes generally hinge on their personal experiences with people of other races. Based on my own experiences, devout Muslims tend to be much more racist than any other segment of the population and blacks are more likely to be racists than whites, which is probably a legacy of the past treatment that their families have received from whites. The fact that blacks will vote for Obama at a rate near 80 percent is evidence of that racism. Not all of those 80 percent are racists but those who vote for him only because of his skin color will not be a small number.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I do. And A Completely False Accusation.
Maybe, and hopefully in your generation it is going away, but in my generation, it is still very much alive. It's all over, not just Kentucky.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Truth]I'm not religious.

Actually you probably are "religious". Many liberals worship secular humanism. BO is clearly one of the ilk. Possibly TheRealVille is also.
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe, and hopefully in your generation it is going away, but in my generation, it is still very much alive. It's all over, not just Kentucky.

"Racism" is in the eyes of the beholder. It is a convenient political tool long used strictly for political gain by the Democrat Party. All these various and sundry "isms" have allowed the Democrats to attract the votes of the ignorant, the ill informed, the non-producers, the dullards, the perpetual takers, and the habitual welfare kings and queens who breed on generation after generation. That, after all, makes up the Democrat's core constituency. Check the facts before overreacting. The great majority of the 51% who actually pay income taxes to fund this country are conservative and Republican. You can check out those facts, too.

I guess I am a "racist" since I expect each citizen, regardless of color, to be responsible and, if able, to earn his/her own living rather than leeching off of the rest of society. I believe there is too much emphasis on alleged "rights" and not near enough on "personal responsibility". If this makes me a "racist", I accept the tag.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Actually you probably are "religious". Many liberals worship secular humanism. BO is clearly one of the ilk. Possibly TheRealVille is also.
It sounds like those people have a pretty good grasp of things. They don't buy into the "boogie man" theory.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Actually you probably are "religious". Many liberals worship secular humanism. BO is clearly one of the ilk. Possibly TheRealVille is also.
He can't be one. He says he believes in a god that intervenes in everyday life.
TheRealVille Wrote:He can't be one. He says he believes in a god that intervenes in everyday life.

You must be one of the few who believes what BO says. If he said that, I would have to believe that he was referring to himself.
In my experience, I've seen FAR more racism in other parts of the country, especially the midwest and northeast (ironically) than I have in Eastern Kentucky. It surprised me at the time, but it's the truth. EKY has it's far share of racism, but in my opinion it comes from the lack of other races in the area, not hate.