Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Match of All-Time (in terms of in-ring ability)
What is the greatest match of all-time, in regards to in-ring ability? I am not asking for Hogan vs. Andre or anything purely because of the stage or the moment. I am purely asking about in-ring ability.

Will it be Benoit vs. Angle? Will it be Liger and some of the Japanese matches? Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko? Christ Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels? A Punk match in R.o.H?

Name your favorite! (Videos are appreciated but not required.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shawn Micheals vs. Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 21)

Full Match:
Steamboat/Flair, Chi-Town Rumble. Best broadway (60 minute match) EVER!
Not the greatest ever, but the greatest I've ever seen all came at one show. I went to Cleveland to watch RoH Generation Now for my birthday a few years ago and it was AWESOME. Excellent 8 man tag match with Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans, and Matt Sydal against Jerrelle Clark, Davey Richards, and two other guys. Also saw Christopher Daniels vs. Christian Cage and Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness. Excellent card, would recommend anyone to watch that DVD.
1994 - Bret Hart vs. the 1-2-3 Kid (Eventually became X-Pac) on Monday Night Raw.

^ I'd go 1-2-3 Kid over Razor Ramon as a better match than the one with Bret Hart.
Some of the greatest matches ever that i have watched was between Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels. or the Iron Man match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart is by far one of the greatest matches ever or what about Undertaker and Michaels in the Hell in the cell match or even Mankind vs taker in hell in the cell match. They are so many great matches. I could go on and on. Rey Jr and Eddie Gurrero had a great match at Halloween Havoc.
I stand by my Steamboat/Flair matches, but if you want to set a list of greatest matches, then you include the Magnum TA/Nikita best of seven Great American Bash, the Chris Benoit/Great Sasuke from Super J-Cup, Bret Hart/Dynamite Kid from Stampede Rodeo, Sting/Ric Flair from Stars and Stripes Great American Bash, Randy Savage/Ricky Morton Concession Stand Brawl, Randy Savage/Ricky Steamboat WM3, and for the greatest celebrity gimic match ever that had the drama and realism that you desperately seek from two experienced guys, you have to give Andy Kaufman kudos for getting absolutely destroyed by Jerry Lawler in what looked as real as real could get!
Edge and Christian vs The Dudleys and The Hardys TLC with Rhino and Spike Dudley. My favorite match of all time.
^ That was a great match, but it was a gimic match. Gimics do nothing than give guys who can't wrestle a tool to get over without having any skills. Rhino and both of the Dudleys are not what you would call "In-Ring" talents.
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask - Tokyo, Japan - 1982
^ I have it on DVD
Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Randy Savage from WrestleMania III.... Bout for the Intercontinental Championship.
^ Great Call. I've said many times that WM3 is known for Hulk/Andre, but hands down, the showstealer was Macho/Dragon