Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts could sign Luck as soon as Friday
The road to the first-overall pick isn't a smooth one. There's all the losing, the waning fan interest, the almost certain turnover on the coaching staff and the roster. But once the offseason arrives and the new faces are in place, hope is renewed.

Now that Colts fans seem to have accepted that Peyton Manning's best days are behind him and Andrew Luck is the future, there are reasons for optimism. Typically, the NFL Draft takes place on the last weekend of April, but the Colts, should they choose, can sign Luck (or any other draft-eligible player) as early as … Friday. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells PFT that after a pair of coin flips locks in the draft order, Indianapolis can ink Luck to a contract.

Greasing the skids: the new CBA includes a rookie wage scale which means that holdouts are much less likely since there isn't much to negotiate. One of the benefits to doing this sooner than later: it will officially close the book on the Manning era, something owner Jim Irsay is probably eager to do, and the focus would be on Luck, the Colts' next franchise quarterback.

(Then again, maybe Irsay wasn't joking when he said he "would love to have Manning back.")

Should Indy sign Luck before the draft, however, it doesn't mean that the Rams would immediately be on the clock with the No. 2 pick. Aiello explains that only the team holding the first-overall selection has that option.

This is good news for the Browns, Redskins and any other outfit in the market for Robert Griffin III, who is expected to go as high as second overall. It's also good news for the Rams because they'll be able to trade out of the pick and improve their roster in the process.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.c...8/34958995
Im saying it right now.....

Within a week after they sign Luck they will trade Manning.
I know I'm not Todd Mcshay or Mel Kiper jr, but imo and ppl have told me i was crazy for the fact that i would take RG3 over Luck. I just think Luck will be a bust, I see RG3 being a better more rounded qb i know sounds crazy but hey i can have an opinion right. I think the colts would be better served to check out both fellas a lil closer before just jumping on the Andrew Luck is our future bandwagon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]