Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 8th Grade Results KBA Middle School State Tournament
Micro-Brew Wrote:Did he play in the first three games of the tournament?I just hadn't heard his name mentioned prior to the Dorton game. Sorry I don't know the rules of KBA basketball, I just saw a total of 5. If the rule is 5 games prior to the tournament then Pikeville should have abided by that rule.

Yeah I believe that is the rule:

5 games prior to the beginning of the tournament
I'm still asking if he played in the first 3 games of the tourney? The whole point was raised after the Dorton game, I'm just curious as to prior games. Hey Holler Cat....Senior citizen games....thats funny......
Cheating in no shape should be tolerated just to win. Winning is simply not that important.
It was said earlier in this thread that Teddy Smith had played in 3 games prior to the Dorton game so this may have started during the meeting with Dorton but only until it was told he was playing when he wasn't suppose to. Oh yea just a funny remark about a post mentioning Pikeville playing the senior citizens to get him 5 games lol....
holler_cat72 Wrote:You can't count the tournament he has to play at least 5 games with that middle school team not high school, aau, or senior citizens. It has to be middle school games.
I can verify that he did play a minimum 2 games with the JV team prior to the tournament, for sure. I do not know, because I've been busy this week, about any other games. I agree, Pikeville needs to abide by the rules, but if they did, then everyone needs to stop the griping and just be happy for the boys. If they did not, then the coaches will get the punishment they deserve. I do not like the idea of the kids who have nothing to do with it being punished, though, so I don't wish ill will upon anyone. Let's all just settle down and support the teams, then see what happens because obviously not all of us on here have all the information.

For the poster who said Dorton was the best team in the county, for one day, yes they were. They won the game that counts, and I've congratulated them on that. But I agree with the other poster who pointed out that Pikeville won 2 of the 3 games those two teams played. It isn't clear cut that Dorton was head and shoulders above Pikeville, I'd rate them as two VERY even teams. The Swindall kid from Dorton is an absolutely fantastic young player, as well as a couple of others. Going to make for a very interesting next few years in competition, I look forward to going to those games as a basketball fan.
Teddy played in every game there, but we have a 15th region team in the final four... for what I believe is the 5th or 6th time going back to win Virgie won the whole thing about 7 years ago, so lets just celebrate the level of talent we have in this area! If you personally seen some of the teams at KBA, you would wonder a lot worse then what is being spoken about here. One team was disqualified there because they was proven to have a high school player on there team and that kid was no where near the biggest or most talented kid there. One team had two boys that was both at least 6'7 and both looked like they had the bodies of a NCAA D1 player. Other teams were obvious they had never played together when they are having to teach drills and plays during the warm ups. Also, mountain teams do not get calls there so to go there and have the success this region and the 14th have had is unreal!
Here's the problem guys: coaches/parents/players today will push/strecth/or bend the rules to fit the way THEY interrept it. For example; if the rules say play in 5 games (nothing about middle school games) then they are correct. Even though they know it is middle school games. Now here is the bad part, IF this team gets busted and DQ'ed watch and see if the coaches/parents/players don't come up with excuses to why they got cheated and kicked out. Either the rules wasn't clear or he did play in "x" amount of games or something.

In today's time this is a very sad day for sports. Getting kids to hold back to make the team/coach look good is COMPLETELY WRONG.... Getting kids to transfer from other schools to JUST PLAY SPORTS is again COMPLETELY WRONG.....

I know this is just my thoughts but you see it all over the state. Here would be my question to all those coaches/parents that do it. Who won the state championship in the year 2000? Don't know huh. Ok, what about 2005, while we are at it who won it in 2010? My point is this Little Johnny don't mean squat if he don't get an education. The coach isn't going to take care of the kid, HE NEEDS AN EDUCATION not a sophmore drop out.....
Well the rules are clear and Mr.Smith played all his middle school games with Johns Creek I'm sure he hasn't played any middle school games with Pikeville prior to the state tournament...
Pikeville defeats Northern Pulaski 54-46 in the Final Four.

Pikeville will face Holmes in the State Championship.
I wanted to take a feeder school team with players from jc and Mullins for this tourney and the kba director himself said, "sorry, the kids must have played five official MIDDLE SCHOOL games together prior to the tourney". No sour grapes!! I simply was wanting to start the future of pike central- these boys at jc played their hearts out when faced with key injuries throughout the season. They beat the same teams on the road that beat us in the pike county tournament. We chose to not bend any rule that is why jc or Mullins players are not playing. I wish all pike county teams the best and enjoyed coaching these past few years. The administration, parents and players at jc have been true class acts.
Pikeville was DQ'ed. Holmes was awarded the title and Northern runner-up. All of the teams that were put out by Pikeville have a legit gripe. Didnt the other players parents have enough sense to know that this kid was not on their team? Embarrssing for the rest of the team that have worked hard this season. Adults are shameless.