Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grade KBA State Tournament
They just released the schedule, of the local teams this is what I saw... Looks like everyone is playing two play in games this year.

Adams vs. Graves County @ LCA (9 pm fri.)
Adams vs. Old Ky Home @ KBA (11:30 am sat.)

Betsy Layne vs. Taylor Co @ KBA (9 pm fri.)
Betsy Layne vs. Mason Co @ Beaumont (11:30 am sat.)

Dorton vs. Henderson South @ KBA (9 pm fri.)
Dorton vs. Hopkinsville @ KBA (11:30 am sat.)

Johnson Co. vs. Old Ky Home @ LCA (9 pm fri.)
Johnson Co. vs. Henderson South @ KBA (11:30 am sat.)

Louisa vs. Ballard Co. @ KBA (9 pm fri.)
Louisa vs. Bowling Green @ KBA (9 am sat.)

Pike Central vs. Raceland @ KBA (9 pm fri.)
Pike Central vs. Boyle Co. @ West Jessamine (10:20 am sat.)

Pikeville vs. Webster Co. @ KBA (9 pm fri.)
Pikeville vs. North Laurel @ The Lexington School (11:30 am sat.)
This was out last night and a thread was started last night.
B-ball do you know who is playing for Pike Central?
I thought this was school teams?

How does Pike Central have a combined team?
Cougar Connection Wrote:B-ball do you know who is playing for Pike Central?

No clue, I talked to one of the 8th grade starters from Mullins earlier and he wasn't even aware of a team from Pike Central so who knows! I would imagine though, if they are smart about it, that it would be from Mullins: Hunter, Logan, Blake and Stone and from John's Creek: Seth, Gabe, Danny and the other two starters since Teddy is gone. Maybe they would let Tyler go play with them too from the high school but who knows.
Who does Knox County play in their first game??
bball_fan Wrote:No clue, I talked to one of the 8th grade starters from Mullins earlier and he wasn't even aware of a team from Pike Central so who knows! I would imagine though, if they are smart about it, that it would be from Mullins: Hunter, Logan, Blake and Stone and from John's Creek: Seth, Gabe, Danny and the other two starters since Teddy is gone. Maybe they would let Tyler go play with them too from the high school but who knows.

region Wrote:I thought this was school teams?

How does Pike Central have a combined team?

I was told yesterday that JC and Belfry was going to make a team. I think KBA officials rejected that idea. So, I am not sure what will happen now. I wish Johns Creek would take their team without Teddy. They would do just as good as the rest of the teams considering they was without him during the season and played everybody very tough!
I didn't think they all had to be from the same school. A couple of years ago several teams up there didn't have kids from that school playing.
They are suposed to be from the same school, according to the guy who signs your team in.