Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County wants to move to the 59th District
Keep paintsville, Magoffin, Sheldon Clark, And Johnson central in the 57th. LC doesnt belong anyway.
lchsalumnus Wrote:then why do you care if you don't plan on attending? the fact is that lchs plays pike county teams every year in basketball and baseball. how ironic is it that a pike county fan is arguing about travel for district games when they have a stronghold on the 15th region tourney at the expo center. is that FAIR, i ask? is it FAIR that lchs fans or johnson central or paintsville or sheldon clark have to travel to the expo center? this, sir, is the argument that i use. the fact that as long as it benefits pike county, then it is justly and right. if it does not benefit pike county, then it is wrong and should not be done. you, sir, and your county, do not dictate the rules or reason.
Don't like coming to the Expo, which is an awesome showplace for basketball? GO BACK TO THE 16th. Tell your administrators (who requested the move to begin with) you want to be closer to home. JC, SC, etc aren't on here whining about the Expo. For the love of all holy, man...look at what makes most sense. The schools you mentioned have, at most, 45 minutes travel to the Expo, depending on traffic. You all are 45 minutes PAST the furthest school in the region. Also, I won't be traveling for baseball or basketball for a few more years, but I WILL be traveling for volleyball since my daughter plays for the high school. I'd rather not have to go to LC 2-3 times a year (depending on who district host is any year). We'll be happy to take BL or Magoffin or Sheldon Clark or whomever so someone can leave the 57th and you can have your precious 4 team district. But then you'd whine about having to face JC every year for district too, probably. Man up, look at this objectively, and move along. Your act is getting old, son.
Can someone explain why LC would want to be in the 59th? Don't think anyone has yet.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Keep paintsville, Magoffin, Sheldon Clark, And Johnson central in the 57th. LC doesnt belong anyway.
After all their years together, it would almost seem criminal to split them up. :Thumbs:
PHSForever Wrote:Don't like coming to the Expo, which is an awesome showplace for basketball? GO BACK TO THE 16th. Tell your administrators (who requested the move to begin with) you want to be closer to home. JC, SC, etc aren't on here whining about the Expo. For the love of all holy, man...look at what makes most sense. The schools you mentioned have, at most, 45 minutes travel to the Expo, depending on traffic. You all are 45 minutes PAST the furthest school in the region. Also, I won't be traveling for baseball or basketball for a few more years, but I WILL be traveling for volleyball since my daughter plays for the high school. I'd rather not have to go to LC 2-3 times a year (depending on who district host is any year). We'll be happy to take BL or Magoffin or Sheldon Clark or whomever so someone can leave the 57th and you can have your precious 4 team district. But then you'd whine about having to face JC every year for district too, probably. Man up, look at this objectively, and move along. Your act is getting old, son.
Well even if they went to the 16th they would be having their regional tournament at Morehead State.

A good amount of regional tournaments are hosted at a College Arena.

1st Region- Murray State
3rd Region- Kentucky Wesleyan
4th Region- Western Kentucky University
6th Region- Bellarmine University
7th Region- Bellarmine University
9th Region- Northern Kentucky University
11th Region- Eastern Kentucky University
13th Region- The Arena (Corbin)
15th Region- University of Pikeville (East Ky Expo)
16th Region- Morehead State University
Quote:Maybe because we're smarter financially. Be a cold day in Hades when LC "takes over" any district Pikeville is in, especially in baseball. That is showing your ignorance.

PHSForever...what you don't understand is that since we have been in the region we have one 3 out of 6 titles and you have won one...im not up for the move..i think they should stay in the 57th just because of all the rivalries between them and the other schools in the district that has been created..I just have to take up for my school when everyone is bashing it so badly...no hard feelings just against you.
No more baseball. post about basketball. k? k.
lchsalumnus Wrote:then why do you care if you don't plan on attending? the fact is that lchs plays pike county teams every year in basketball and baseball. how ironic is it that a pike county fan is arguing about travel for district games when they have a stronghold on the 15th region tourney at the expo center. is that FAIR, i ask? is it FAIR that lchs fans or johnson central or paintsville or sheldon clark have to travel to the expo center? this, sir, is the argument that i use. the fact that as long as it benefits pike county, then it is justly and right. if it does not benefit pike county, then it is wrong and should not be done. you, sir, and your county, do not dictate the rules or reason.

Wow, sounds like somebody has a chip on their shoulder. While you're at it, anything else you want to blame on Pike County? Global warming, world hunger, the war in Iraq?

This has nothing to do with Pike County "getting what they want". It has everything to do with showing common sense, which is a commodity that seems to be in short supply around here.

Why does anyone think that it makes sense to have teams within the same district have to travel through 2 different counties just to play each other? To get from SV, ER, and PV to LC, you start in Pike, travel through Floyd, then Johnson, then into Lawrence. That's just crazy.

I agree that the 59th and 60th need to get to four teams each, But if you're going to add teams, they should at least be from contiguous counties. Sheldon Clark, sure. Betsy Layne, okay. Even Prestonsburg, AC, or SF would make more sense than LC.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Keep paintsville, Magoffin, Sheldon Clark, And Johnson central in the 57th. LC doesnt belong anyway.

Sorry, tradition doesn't fly here. Same thing goes for the 58th district, which others have also said would be a "crime" to break apart. It's just part of today's reality. With all the consolidations, things just aren't the way they were 30 years ago.

If it makes the most sense geographically, then any current district groupings are subject to change.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LC_Dawgs Wrote:PHSForever...what you don't understand is that since we have been in the region we have one 3 out of 6 titles and you have won one...im not up for the move..i think they should stay in the 57th just because of all the rivalries between them and the other schools in the district that has been created..I just have to take up for my school when everyone is bashing it so badly...no hard feelings just against you.

Oh I do understand it. Perfectly. I just can't understand WHY LC would want to be in the 59th? As another commenter has posted here, we are still waiting to hear an answer. We've heard everything from bashing Pikeville for wanting to keep their grip on the district, to bashing Pikeville for showing common sense about the travel time and expense, etc. But NOT. ONE. TIME. HAVE. YOU. OR. ANY. OTHER. PERSON. MADE. A CASE. FOR. WHY. LC. WOULD. WANT. TO. BE. IN. THE. 59TH. Can I ask the question any more clear than that?

No one on here is really bashing LC, we're bashing people like you who are blindly ignoring common sense and basically saying "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" without providing a case for it.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well even if they went to the 16th they would be having their regional tournament at Morehead State.

A good amount of regional tournaments are hosted at a College Arena.

1st Region- Murray State
3rd Region- Kentucky Wesleyan
4th Region- Western Kentucky University
6th Region- Bellarmine University
7th Region- Bellarmine University
9th Region- Northern Kentucky University
11th Region- Eastern Kentucky University
13th Region- The Arena (Corbin)
15th Region- University of Pikeville (East Ky Expo)
16th Region- Morehead State University
Exactly. Doesn't that qualify as a monopoly? lol I have no problem with Morehead's arena, I just have a problem with Pikeville getting blamed for everything under the sun when it is obvious we are about the only ones (except a couple of LC posters) who are demonstrating common sense about this proposed move.
jetpilot Wrote:Can someone explain why LC would want to be in the 59th? Don't think anyone has yet.

And you won't hear an explanation. Because they don't have a reason or case. It's just better to bash on Pikeville, after all, that's what people do, have a blind hatred or distrust of Pikeville for no reason at all. You try for a while, my head is hurting from bashing it against the wall trying to talk sense into a couple of these posters. lol
Theres always going to be odd district with the way things are set up.
Playing in a sport that only has one champion with 16 regions, teams are going to be placed in wierd districts.
For example, in the 13th region north laurel is in the 49th district while south laurel is in the 50th. But, if you look at the big picture, while North and South are only 10 minutes apart, North is close to Clay County, Jackson County, and Red Bird, while South is closer to Corbin, Whitley, and Wburg. Then you have Lynn Camp (only 5 miles from Corbin) in a district with Knox Central, Bville, and Pineville. and the 52nd is made up of Bell, Mboro, Harlan and Harlan County.

So if you do it by puttin close schools together, atleast one school is going to be left out with major travel time. For example, id love to see the 13th look like this...

49th
Clay County
Jackson County
North Laurel
South Laurel

50th
Corbin
Lynn Camp
Wburg
Whitley County

51st
Knox Central
Barbourville
Pineville
Red Bird

52nd
Harlan County
Harlan
Bell County
Mboro

But by doing that Red Bird will have to travel quite a ways. But if it was like this it would greatly benefit all of the other teams with rivalries and short travel.
If OBI was still playing district competetion, a little bit could be solved by simply putting North in the 50th whil moving OBI to the 49th.

But as you can see its complicated....
PHSForever Wrote:And you won't hear an explanation. Because they don't have a reason or case. It's just better to bash on Pikeville, after all, that's what people do, have a blind hatred or distrust of Pikeville for no reason at all. You try for a while, my head is hurting from bashing it against the wall trying to talk sense into a couple of these posters. lol

an explanation has already been given. perhaps your reading comprehension skills are lacking? it was stated that the 57th district is the only 5 team district in the 15th. in saying that, the 57th also usually has 3 of the top teams in the district, meaning one will be left out while a team from a 3-team district gets a free pass to get slaughtered in the regional tournament, whether it be basketball or baseball or softball.

other teams like sheldon clark and magoffin have been asked if they would like to move. they declined. it isn't the fact that lchs jumped up and said "me me me". they were asked since the others declined. this information is something i was told and i trust the person who told me. i'm tired of people saying that lchs doesn't want to compete against johnson central or paintsville. we will always compete against them. regardless of where we end up. as for the continuing argument about travel, it amazes me how people try to rationalize it as a main reason not to make the move. first off, the schools are about 50-70 miles apart. i agree. but it is on US23, not exactly a bad travel. it isn't two-lane roads all the way. the time from louisa to pikeville is just over 1 hour. that is only about 15-20 minutes further than going to magoffin county for lawrence.
PHSForever Wrote:Lawrence County Schools have submitted a request/proposal to be moved out of the 57th district and into the 59th. This was placed on the Board of Control agenda without ever being discussed with Pikeville. Luckily the principal saw it on the agenda and notified the superintendent, who was able to go to the meeting and ask that it not be voted on, that it be tabled, which it was.

Absolutely ridiculous request. Hour and a half drive each way for the closest 59th district team to travel or for LC to travel for a game. The proposal also would have moved East Ridge out of the 59th and into the 60th. I don't know what Lawrence County was thinking.

Hell let them go, and the other teams will help them move. Five team district isn't fair anyway, while Pike co. has two three team districts!!!!!
^OMG

Why the 59th then, and Yes, Pikeville is a little over an hour from Louisa.
BUT what bout SV and ER!. SV is about 20 on the other side of Pikeville and ER about 30!

an Hour and a half to play a costly district matchup is nuts.

Again Why the 59th?
lchsalumnus Wrote:an explanation has already been given. perhaps your reading comprehension skills are lacking? it was stated that the 57th district is the only 5 team district in the 15th. in saying that, the 57th also usually has 3 of the top teams in the district, meaning one will be left out while a team from a 3-team district gets a free pass to get slaughtered in the regional tournament, whether it be basketball or baseball or softball.

other teams like sheldon clark and magoffin have been asked if they would like to move. they declined. it isn't the fact that lchs jumped up and said "me me me". they were asked since the others declined. this information is something i was told and i trust the person who told me. i'm tired of people saying that lchs doesn't want to compete against johnson central or paintsville. we will always compete against them. regardless of where we end up. as for the continuing argument about travel, it amazes me how people try to rationalize it as a main reason not to make the move. first off, the schools are about 50-70 miles apart. i agree. but it is on US23, not exactly a bad travel. it isn't two-lane roads all the way. the time from louisa to pikeville is just over 1 hour. that is only about 15-20 minutes further than going to magoffin county for lawrence.
My comprehension skills are just fine. You all think it's not fair there's a couple of 3 team districts in the 15th and you want out of the 5 team 57th. Gotcha. The whole WORLD knows how you all feel. You've made it clear. What we are saying is look closer th where you are. For the last time, the 16th has a 3 team district consisting of Boyd County, Fairview, and Ashland. There's your answer. 20-30 minute drive and you can be in a 4 team district. Why the hell would you want to drive an hour and a half to compete when you've got one a half hour away? I'm done explaining things to you. I suggest you do a couple of things before getting back on here with that old song. First, find a good attorney and sue LC for malpractice, the school system obviously failed to teach you logical thinking, and second, do your own research from now on instead of letting others solve your problems for you.
PHSForever Wrote:My comprehension skills are just fine. You all think it's not fair there's a couple of 3 team districts in the 15th and you want out of the 5 team 57th. Gotcha. The whole WORLD knows how you all feel. You've made it clear. What we are saying is look closer th where you are. For the last time, the 16th has a 3 team district consisting of Boyd County, Fairview, and Ashland. There's your answer. 20-30 minute drive and you can be in a 4 team district. Why the hell would you want to drive an hour and a half to compete when you've got one a half hour away? I'm done explaining things to you. I suggest you do a couple of things before getting back on here with that old song. First, find a good attorney and sue LC for malpractice, the school system obviously failed to teach you logical thinking, and second, do your own research from now on instead of letting others solve your problems for you.

know your geography first, please. from louisa the drive to boyd county, ashland, or fairview will be closer to 45 minutes than what you say to be 20-30 minutes. besides, it was others who came to lchs administrators and asked if we would be interested in moving to the 59th. it wasn't the other way around like you want people to believe. your snide remarks about the education in lc shows what level you want to go down to. i won't. let it be known that you took the low road.

i really didn't care what happened, whether lchs stays put or moves. but now after reading your remarks i do hope it happens. dear god i hope it happens.
lchsalumnus Wrote:know your geography first, please. from louisa the drive to boyd county, ashland, or fairview will be closer to 45 minutes than what you say to be 20-30 minutes. besides, it was others who came to lchs administrators and asked if we would be interested in moving to the 59th. it wasn't the other way around like you want people to believe. your snide remarks about the education in lc shows what level you want to go down to. i won't. let it be known that you took the low road.

i really didn't care what happened, whether lchs stays put or moves. but now after reading your remarks i do hope it happens. dear god i hope it happens.

Low road? How is not wanting to drive that far for a important disrtict game the low road?

I hope you're joking, how "awesome" do you think you're school is. What are you saying? We are afraid to have you in our district?
lchsalumnus Wrote:know your geography first, please. from louisa the drive to boyd county, ashland, or fairview will be closer to 45 minutes than what you say to be 20-30 minutes. besides, it was others who came to lchs administrators and asked if we would be interested in moving to the 59th. it wasn't the other way around like you want people to believe. your snide remarks about the education in lc shows what level you want to go down to. i won't. let it be known that you took the low road.

Low road? Really? This thread is basically filled with about 3 pages of comments from people who have accused Pikeville of being scared to play LC, and everything else. Every single time someone (like me) has asked WHY LC would want to be in the 59th when they could be in a district closer to home, it has been met with sarcasm, illogical reasoning, etc. I DO know my geography, and I do know it is no more than 30 minutes to Ashland from Louisa. yes, it is a little further for Boyd County or Fairview, but the gist of my post remains. Which would you rather drive? 30-45 minutes to Ashland or 1.5 hours to Pikeville/Shelby Valley? You all conveniently nitpick on a word or a sentence in EVERY post and refuse to answer the direct question head on. I'm done responding to you on here until someone from your area can answer the simple question we have posed.

And one last thing. I attached a copy of the email showing that the initial discussion regarding moving to the 59th originated with the superintendent of the LC schools. That's all the proof we have. You "say" that LC was approached first, but absent direct proof (like I provided), it is hearsay. My "snide" remarks are in direct response to your (and others) refusal or inability to answer a simple question with a logical response, or your refusal or inability to see the logic of what me and several others have pointed out to you. Geesh, man. A person can only take so much before they snap. :insane:
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Low road? How is not wanting to drive that far for a important disrtict game the low road?

I hope you're joking, how "awesome" do you think you're school is. What are you saying? We are afraid to have you in our district?

we can't mention the "b" word here anymore, or i would tell you or show you how awesome since lchs came in the 15th region. Confusednicker: i don't think pikeville is scared. i do think that they don't want lchs in their district because it will make it more difficult in the spring. would it not?
PHSForever Wrote:Low road? Really? This thread is basically filled with about 3 pages of comments from people who have accused Pikeville of being scared to play LC, and everything else. Every single time someone (like me) has asked WHY LC would want to be in the 59th when they could be in a district closer to home, it has been met with sarcasm, illogical reasoning, etc. I DO know my geography, and I do know it is no more than 30 minutes to Ashland from Louisa. yes, it is a little further for Boyd County or Fairview, but the gist of my post remains. Which would you rather drive? 30-45 minutes to Ashland or 1.5 hours to Pikeville/Shelby Valley? You all conveniently nitpick on a word or a sentence in EVERY post and refuse to answer the direct question head on. I'm done responding to you on here until someone from your area can answer the simple question we have posed.

And one last thing. I attached a copy of the email showing that the initial discussion regarding moving to the 59th originated with the superintendent of the LC schools. That's all the proof we have. You "say" that LC was approached first, but absent direct proof (like I provided), it is hearsay. My "snide" remarks are in direct response to your (and others) refusal or inability to answer a simple question with a logical response, or your refusal or inability to see the logic of what me and several others have pointed out to you. Geesh, man. A person can only take so much before they snap. :insane:

i have answered your simple question. do i have the proof? no. but it is true. lchs officials were approached and asked our interest in moving.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i have answered your simple question. do i have the proof? no. but it is true. lchs officials were approached and asked our interest in moving.
Fine. But without proof, it is hearsay, and I will go by what is on record.
lchsalumnus Wrote:we can't mention the "b" word here anymore, or i would tell you or show you how awesome since lchs came in the 15th region. Confusednicker: i don't think pikeville is scared. i do think that they don't want lchs in their district because it will make it more difficult in the spring. would it not?

For one, Pikeville isn't the only team in this district.

For two, I hate to do it but you've given me no choice.....As far as Boys Basketball goes, NO it wouldn't make it more difficult, cause LC's boys team isn't up to par.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:For one, Pikeville isn't the only team in this district.

For two, I hate to do it but you've given me no choice.....As far as Boys Basketball goes, NO it wouldn't make it more difficult, cause LC's boys team isn't up to par.

that isn't the "b" sport i was referring to.
I give up on you, You're hopeless. :insane:
The 64th is not a 3 team district. Boyd, Ashland, Fairview and Rose Hill.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:The 64th is not a 3 team district. Boyd, Ashland, Fairview and Rose Hill.
Rose Hill must have been added just for this year then, they were not in it last year, according to KHSAA. Thanks for updating the info.
More Cowbell Wrote:Sorry, tradition doesn't fly here. Same thing goes for the 58th district, which others have also said would be a "crime" to break apart. It's just part of today's reality. With all the consolidations, things just aren't the way they were 30 years ago.

If it makes the most sense geographically, then any current district groupings are subject to change.

You team hasnt got stuck with a team from another region moving into your district has it?. LC does not belong in this region, and it is retardly unfair for the 57th to be the only 5 team district, and even more ridiculous to lose long standing district rivalries because of LC. Send them back to the 16th, and then let the 16th sort it out. Dont get me wrong I like LC and get along with their fans on here, but they flat out have no place in this region.