Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sign Ryan Ludwick
As per CBS Sports, the Reds today signed Ludwick to a one-year, $2.5 million deal:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/16903...1year-deal

This seems like a good signing to me. The Reds definitely needed a fourth outfielder, and they really didn't have any good in-house options. Of all the available free agent OF's out there, Ludwick was probably the best fit in terms of talent and price.

This deal serves two purposes. The first is to provide depth off the bench. If Chris Heisey breaks out and grabs ahold of the LF job like I hope he does, then Ludwick can be used mainly as a pinch-hitter. He would also be a spot starter, ideally spelling Heisey against some tough lefty pitchers. Secondly, he provides insurance in case Heisey falls on his face, or if any of the OF's are out with an injury for any length of time. Ludwick is certainly capable of taking over a starting role if necessary.

All in all, another good move this winter by Walt Jocketty. I am really getting excited about this year's Reds!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
really good move by the Redlegs
Solid signing for depth...
Good move.I look for him to get more playing time then some think.
Reds are actually making son decent moves this season. Can't wait!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Very excited about this move! I think that Ludwick as a rotation outfielder is one heck of a move. Allows for Heisey to spilt time in left and he can spot Bruce and Stubbs every now and then! I cant wait for this season!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds are going all out this winter
Give me 2.5 million and my fat ass will catch anyball that comes my way for a year.
Very good signing for Cincy. I was hoping Pittsburgh would have resigned Ludwick. That was on my wishlist, but Cincy definitely got a nice insurance policy, but Ludwick could start and put up some very good numbers if needed..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i would like to see the reds win the pennat