Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 52 - Owsley County 50
Estill's Morris with the game winner at the buzzer.

Estill should have actually won by double digits. They took control of the game early but Owsley fought back.

This game was very poorly officiated. Estill player was called for a foul when he was being tripped by an Owsley Player.

Estill had an 8 point lead with little over a Minute to go and Estill's Alexander was called for a foul and he turned and asked the ref what he done and the ref T'd him up for it then he got mad and jerked his jersey out of his shorts and the ref T'd him up again, so Owsley got 6 foul shots at once. Alexander has to sit out the next 2 games (Monday and Tuesday) against Model and Whitley.
Bad news for Owsley is that Grove maybe out the rest of the year

Didn't know this until tonight but Grove's dad was actually a teacher at Estill before moving to Owsley a year or so ago

Take nothing away from the Owls or Lady Owls they both played good. Owsley boys will be a tough out in Districts. Coach Jones is doing some good things for Owsley.
I wasn't able to be at the game. Sounds like it was a good one. The young Owls are improving every game. And they return everyone next year.

Grove was ready to come back last week but hurt his knee again in practice. The doctor had given him the go-ahead to start playing again. The kid simply has had some unfortunate stuff happen. He has now missed 9 games. Hopefully he can make it back for the district tournament. He is a sophomore, though, so it wouldn't be worth risking a worse injury that could hamper him his last two years.
Strikeout didn't the Alexander kid get suspended by his coach for two weeks?? Just asking? Also wasn't his Dad on the coaching staff?? He was the one with the sunglasses wasn't he???? I don't see him on the bench anymore???
outsidein Wrote:Strikeout didn't the Alexander kid get suspended by his coach for two weeks?? Just asking? Also wasn't his Dad on the coaching staff?? He was the one with the sunglasses wasn't he???? I don't see him on the bench anymore???

Yes he was suspended by the Coach for couple weeks. But he's back, since he got those 2 technical's he's out tonight and tomorrow. Yes his dad is the one that wears the sunglasses and he is no longer on the coaching staff and I talked to him after this game and he said he doubted that he would be back on the coaching staff next year
is there a reason why he left? I know sometimes it's tough coaching and having kid on the team.... Daughter is a great young lady.....
just over some stuff that happened towards the end of last month
Great job Owls, almost pulled it off. Improving all the time !