Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Pairings
All I know as of yet is that there will be two District Champs and two District Runner-ups in the same bracket.

When someone finds out the actual pairings (we should today), please post them here and save all discussion for those matchups and how you see them playing out.

Thanks, BigSlick
They are suppose to draw at the Expo Center at 2:00 on Sunday.
Can't draw until all teams have played. Belfry and PCC play tonight.
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:They are suppose to draw at the Expo Center at 2:00 on Sunday.
Can't draw until all teams have played. Belfry and PCC play tonight.

I had heard they are supposed to draw today from a high school coach. It really doesn't matter who wins the game between Belfry & Pike Central, because both are in the tourney. One will be the #1 seed from the 60th district and the other the #2 seed.

For example, it could go like this.

Bracket 1

Pikeville vs 60th District #2
Paintsville vs Betsy Layne

Bracket 2

60th District #1 vs Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg vs Johnson Central

But you could be right......I heard they were drawing on Saturday at the beginning of the week. A lot could change between then and now.
They're doing it at 2:00 on Sunday and I believe it's just a random draw.
The draw will be tommorrow from what I've heard because Central and Belfry play tonight.

I love this time of year!! March Madness is the best.
"blackcat" Wrote:They're doing it at 2:00 on Sunday and I believe it's just a random draw.

Random drawing????

Meaning that we could have all 4 District Champs in the same bracket!

Thats crazy.....The drawing should have all four District Champs draw to see which bracket they are in. Then the District Runner ups should draw to play any District Champ other than the champ from their District in the first round.

It wouldn't be that hard to do, and really doing it any other way is just too random.

Think about it......You could have Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Pike Central, and Belfry all playing in the same bracket and in the first round. Substitute Johnson Central for either of these teams and there are your tournament favorites and two of them will be gone in the first round, which in turn makes the semi-finals somewhat of a bore.
When he said "random draw", I don't think he meant it that way. Winners will play 2nd place teams and can't play the 2nd place team from their home Dist. till later in the tourn.