Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark Needs A New Coach!
Okay guys the season is over Sheldon Clark has nothing more to concentrate on so I am not worried about this thread being a distraction to anyone. Coach Hammond absolutely blew it last night!!! He might have been at that game physically but it didn't seem to me like he was there mentally. I don't think he even coached them last night.There should have been no excuse for blowing a 15 point lead. He let the Eagles go on a 21 to 3 run in the third quarter and only used one time out. I think that Jaryd Crum was actually the one that called a time out rather than lose posession of the ball when he got caught in a half-court trap. I have to give credit to Coach Hager , he seemed to be the only one on the coaching staff that had his head in the game. I think it is awful that Coach Hammond has been there as long as he has and wasted the talent that has come out of SC. Someone even once said that there was talent walking the hallways at SC that would not even try out because of J.R. If the staff and board members let him continue to coach at SC, they are making a HORRIBLE MISTAKE!!!!

:boosign:
"brokencard" Wrote:Okay guys the season is over Sheldon Clark has nothing more to concentrate on so I am not worried about this thread being a distraction to anyone. Coach Hammond absolutely blew it last night!!! He might have been at that game physically but it didn't seem to me like he was there mentally. I don't think he even coached them last night.There should have been no excuse for blowing a 15 point lead. He let the Eagles go on a 21 to 3 run in the third quarter and only used one time out. I think that Jaryd Crum was actually the one that called a time out rather than lose posession of the ball when he got caught in a half-court trap. I have to give credit to Coach Hager , he seemed to be the only one on the coaching staff that had his head in the game. I think it is awful that Coach Hammond has been there as long as he has and wasted the talent that has come out of SC. Someone even once said that there was talent walking the hallways at SC that would not even try out because of J.R. If the staff and board members let him continue to coach at SC, they are making a HORRIBLE MISTAKE!!!!

:boosign:

I agree with you 100%!!! I started a thread a while back and it got closed down because people got carried away about this very same subject.The numbers don't lie and I seen the writing on the wall for this years team a while back.All those nay sayers that said I did not know what I was talking about were WRONG!!!Coach Hammonds needs to move on to something different.He might be a super guy but he is not a basketball coach at least not for SC.He has wasted talent and let things get out of control!! A fine point of this would be last night's lost to JC.The Cards go in at the half up 15 pts. and then comes out and ends the third quarter only scoring 3pts. to JC's 23pts.He indeed did not call the time out in the third quarter I think there were actually two time outs called one by Spud and one by Coach Hager.I heard Coach Hammond made a brief appearence in the locker room after the game because it was so emotional in there!! I also was told he left his play board behind as well as some other things.I hate this loss for May,Crum,Johnson,Robinson,Hensley,Hinkle,Goble and all the rest of the team.You boys played hard all year and gave it your all every game.You guys are all winners in my book and were simply not coached to your full potential.Coach Hammonds let you guys down all year and all I can say is SHAME ON YOU COACH HAMMONDS!!!!! If you really wanted to help SC's program you would do the right thing and step aside and let someone else have these fine young bunch of men so they could mold them into the great basketball players that they could be!!!! Please do not PM me on this subject because I will not argue back and forth with anyone.This is just my opinion on this matter.:beg:
Did he miss jumpshots?

Did he let his defender score on him?

Did he turn the ball over in a crucial possession?

You guys are idiots! He may not be the best coach in the world, but he is giving a lot of valuable time to those kids that he could be doing something else with.

Grow up......SC isn't the only team to ever blow a 15 point lead.Rolleyes
"BigSlick" Wrote:Did he miss jumpshots?

Did he let his defender score on him?

Did he turn the ball over in a crucial possession?

You guys are idiots! He may not be the best coach in the world, but he is giving a lot of valuable time to those kids that he could be doing something else with.

Grow up......SC isn't the only team to ever blow a 15 point lead.Rolleyes

I was not at the game, but a friend told me that SC came out in the third just firing up threes and everything but running their offense. To me, that IS, something a coach can control. I am not saying that makes him a bad coach though. Not taking anything away from Coach Hammons, as I only know what I have seen from him during games he has coached going back to his days at the JV level. When they made him head coach, I questioned it to myself. But I thought that the powers that be at SC knew what was best for them. I hope SC all the good fortune in the world!
Whether Hammons is at the helm next year or not, SC will have my support whenever I can give it!
Those boys played their hearts out last night! That's more than I can say for the coach! No, all of their shots may not have fallen , but at least they got into the game. I wish Coach Hammond would find something else to do as a hobby. You think those boys don't give up their time and energy when they could be doing something else? They deserve better! This was not just last night's game that I speak of , it has been the past two seasons. He may be a great guy, but he is a lousy coach! :beg: MOVE ON COACH HAMMOND!
Sheldon Clark was a mediocre team this year, just because they had one terrific player they were billed to be a contender in the 57th district. All I can say is they are fortunate that they didn't draw Magoffin County earlier in the tournament; this thread may have come even sooner.
I will say this, if everyone wants to keep this thread open, please don't bring players names into it. Unless you are talking about how good they are. No one needs to trash any players, in any way, shape, or form. Just leave them out this time. PLEASE.

As for a coaching change, I dont know anymore. I can understand losing a 15 point lead, but not in the manner it happend. JC made the right adjustments at the half, and the SC coaching just never changed it up after that. Couldn't move the ball across the half court line at all. Just wasn't happening.

As for the coaching job last night, hard to get on him for the 1st half. But that 2nd half, he just wasn't in the game at all. It's like he wasn't there. It wasn't that obvious to me at the game, but the more I think about it, the worse it seems to me.

I've been one to defend JR in the past, but it's just getting too hard to do. With the talent level that past couple years at SC, I just can't understand why this team hasn't done better. I won't lay all the blame on JR, since there were injuries, off court issues, head cases, and various other reasons. But SC has lost a lot of games just because there game plan didn't change the whole time. Once a team figures out how to stop you, you have to call a TO and draw something up.

It hurts to post something like this. But the Coaching needs to pick it up.
this is worse then a fire tubby smith thread!Smile Smile
i honestly dont know how much of the blame belongs to the coach the last bit of the season...there were many distractions surrounding this team such as the unfortunate happenings with the fine player juan carlos torres, and the other family issues with some of the players. It would be hard for the greatest of coaches to keep them playing at their best IMO.
edited, due to off topic
You can have ER's coach!!
now was there any need for this?? at all??
edited...off topic
IDK but sc shouldnt have lost on that 15 point lead..... THAT WAS JUST GARBAGE

Now honestly...this thread was about JR not Coach Hall so i think that was way off color. I do agree however that JR has had alot of troubles this year. I mean losing Juan was one of the worst things thta has ever happened to that team. And not to mention the other problems that arised over the past few months. Just give him a break its not totally his fault.
Follow the rules or this thread will be closed.
Stay on topic.
The problems with SC's program began years ago when they had the opportunity to hire a coach, before Coach Hammond. When you shuffle the deck you still have the same cards. IMO that was their first mistake. Coach Hammond is a good man in every aspect. He was a good player but that doesn't make for good coaches. Yes, there have been too many talented kids walking the halls because of the coaching apathy. If a team is not as talented as others a little motivation to over achieve can do alot. Looking forward to SC being better in the future and cheering even if they're not.
"gobles_girl40" Wrote:I do agree however that JR has had alot of troubles this year. I mean losing Juan was one of the worst things thta has ever happened to that team. And not to mention the other problems that arised over the past few months. Just give him a break its not totally his fault.

I know he has had problems, everyone has problems. Once those problems start interfering with your ability to do a job then you should step back and let someone else help.You can't use Juan or anyone elses problems as an excuse for his poor coaching last year. I have given him a break all season, but now that it is over I think he should be held responsible for his inability to coach. I started this thread so that maybe the principal and school board may get to see that some of the fans, students, parents, and even some of Coach Hammond's players are not satisfied with the job that he has done. As far as S. Goble goes he is a very talented young player, but if he was given a coach that knew how to develop his talent,I believe he would get a lot more quality playing time.Some of the players that SC has now are very talented and could go on to play at another level, but if they don't have a coach who can get them noticed for something besides losing, then it is just a waste of energy.

:Hole:
It is time for a change. This man has been pulling down the program for long enough. He has let more talent walk the halls and leave the team than he has put on the floor. We have had as much good players as anybody but are coach is a loser. He might be a good guy but that dont make him a good coach. JR you are the weakest link. Goodbye
I hate to see people bashing coaches because they give up their time away from their family to coach. ALL I HAVE TO SAY is just what I said with the people at East Ridge.

GO GET YOUR DEGREE AND THEN BECOME A COACH AND LETS SEE HOW YOU DO UNTIL THEN LAY OFF ALL THE COACHES. EVERYBODY CAN COACH OFF THE FLOOR AND IN THE STANDS.

I think it is great to get on here to talk and carry on the way we do but when it comes to a person's job or personal life I don't think we should talk about it. Let the administration take care of it. If you are not happy about the coach THEN MOVE so you can start talking about another coach.
I did not talk about the coaches personal life, but when it comes to his job, he is in a public position and therefore is always going to be scrutinized for his coaching ability(or lack of)! As far as the administration goes, they need to be able to know how the fans, teachers, students and even players feel. Sometimes the kids need a place to voice their opinions also without the fear of being punished or retaliated against by their friends or coach. Do you really think that a player that works his butt off to get to play the game is going to go to the coach and tell him he doesn't think he is doing a good job?They're not going to take a chance on having to ride the bench all season!!!!
Coach Hammond is a grown man and I'm sure he knows how to defend himself, but I bet he sure does appreciate you taking up for him though! I am more concerned with the kids and them getting the right leadership than about hurting a coaches feelings! :baby: